Venue advice, river Colne?

jimlad

Reaction score
Evening gents. A bit of a long shot, however I’m travelling for a couple days this week and ending up in Hemel heampstead Tuesday evening. I’m on the look out for a stretch of river to fish the evening into dark, with the possibility of barbel or chub. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be very appreciated?

Happy to pay day ticket or even reasonable membership fees (It will be a regular trip I suspect)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
There are 2 rivers in Hemel, the Gade and the Bulbourne. Both are very shallow and not great for fishing. The GUC however has a few spots where the Gade runs in and becomes canalised. One of these is beside B and Q store @ HP2 4FY. There are certainly chub present but I'm not too confident you'd find barbel.
The Colne is quite a long way away from Hemel and apart from a few free stretches in Watford is mainly private fishing.

john step

Reaction score
If its going to be a regular trip it may be worth looking up Verulam AC. membership They have upper Lea stretches containing barbel and chub.
Not too far from Hemel.
Also its been a few years since I fished the town stretch in Hertford but that contains a few of them and was on a day ticket on the Lea Anglers consortium.

Jim PM on way about somewhere else.

jimlad

Reaction score
Ha is for the advice gents. Definitely gives me some googling to do tonight. Look forward to pm.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk