Did anyone know that Daiwa also...

B

binka

Do golf clubs?

Yes, they do and I was horrified at the association too.

There I was, mowing away last week, when I noticed a Daiwa logo on a club of a player chipping onto a green... I've Googled it but it's like some sort of dirty secret and I can't find a website.

A bit like Shimano doing cycling parts!

I'm disgusted...

;)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do golf clubs?

Yes, they do and I was horrified at the association too.

There I was, mowing away last week, when I noticed a Daiwa logo on a club of a player chipping onto a green... I've Googled it but it's like some sort of dirty secret and I can't find a website.

A bit like Shimano doing cycling parts!

I'm disgusted...

;)

Shimano are at the top for bike parts along with schram.
Thats prolly why their reels are the best.

spenbeck

Reaction score
Shimano are at the top for bike parts along with schram.
Thats prolly why their reels are the best.

Mmmm, I've got 4 Ninjas no more than 15 months old and ones packed in. The anti reverse bearings and sleeve have corroded. It's costing £16 for replacement parts and they haven't arrived yet. Nearly a week now.

P.S. Checked the other 3 Ninjas and they are OK, but packed them with grease to be safe.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I also seem to recall that back in the day Davenport and Fordham were not only distributors of fishing products but model cars too.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Well, much as I feel golf is a waste of a good walk and cyclists annoy me when there are lots on the roads, one being too many, at least no tackle company to my knowledge has stooped low enough to make canoes! :rolleyes:

B

binka

And Browning also make guns as well as making fishing tackle,

Yes, I always thought that the Browning 'Revolver' was a clever play on a name considering that's what it does as a reel and it's also a type of gun.

Browning is a long established name around the Redditch area, for many years I dealt with a firm of Solicitors called Browning's and they dated back to the 1700's but they sadly went pop (no gun... Sorry, pun... Intended :eek:mg:) a few years ago.

B

binka

I recall dealing with Howes Percival and Wright Hassall!!

Wright Hassel were the butt of many a joke Mike as I'm sure you know.

Howes Percival?

I know the name but I'm not going to look it up, were they the firm in West Bridgford, Nottingham?

If I'm right then I'm going back nearly thirty years since I've had any dealings with them.