sigma wand

xenon

Reaction score
managed to snap my beloved sigma wand last night (arguing with a clump of weed). Am now on the look out for a replacement. Seems like Shakespeare no longer make the wand so does anyone have any recommendations for similar wand type light ledger rods? Thanks in advance for any advice.

rob48

Reaction score
The Cadence wand is a nice similar type of rod.

mikench

Reaction score
The Darent Valley equivalent sounds a nice rod too! I nearly bought one but decided to try a Browning! I'm happy I did!

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I have the Agility wand, I think it is still possible to get hold of one, the best one I have is a daiwa one which is about 30 years old,

the Browning is a good rod but I would say slightly more powerful than the sigma & agility.

The Cadence may be similar to the Shakespeare wands due to James Robbins having an input,

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
managed to snap my beloved sigma wand last night (arguing with a clump of weed). Am now on the look out for a replacement. Seems like Shakespeare no longer make the wand so does anyone have any recommendations for similar wand type light ledger rods? Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have just been on amazon website , they have the Agility and the sigma wand in stock, ( google Shakespeare agility wand )

john step

Reaction score

Commiserations Xenon. I can sympathise. I am down to my last usable tip on my wand. A great silver rod for the cooler months. Goodness knows how long I have had it. Since the 70s maybe? I am equally interested in the replies as s0ds law says the final tip is due to be broken.

mikench

Reaction score
I found this old post which may help if it is still correct!

Recently I posted a thread on here about glass tips for Shakespeare rods as I was going to hybridise tips if it was possible, unfortunately it wasn't and decided to buy a separate rod and plumped for the Shakespeare mach 2 xt 10ft wand, it arrived yesterday, less than a day from ordering to arriving at the door.

On checking the tips I found the 1oz/30gm tip had a broken top eye, I phoned Amazon and set the ball in motion to have the tip replaced, FOC of course, and what helpful people I encountered, the rod originally came from Tacklemate but my complaint was dealt with by Fishing Republic and I spoke to a young lady by the name of Sarah, nothing seemed to be too much trouble and within a very short time it had been arranged for UPS to pick up the broken tip, any way, I phoned Fishing Republic to make sure I'd done the procedure correctly, yes, every thing was OK and now I just had to package the tip and wait for collection by UPS.

While I was talking to Sarah I asked if would be possible to keep the tip, or at least if they would be able to post it back to me as I'd be able to repair it myself and would have a spare tip, I was told to hold and then told to phone another number.

I spoke to a Kevin Pierce, apparently his company deals with all the warranty returns for Shakespeare rods and explained the situation, he checked through his stock and yes he'd got the tip I wanted and that he'd send me one free of charge.

I then phoned Fishing republic and explained what was happening and they said to cancel UPS and it was Job done, the reason for posting is the fact that the mach 2 wands have a very unusual base size on the tip, 3.05mm, so there are no generic tips to fit and I've noticed Shakespeare wand owners saying they can't get hold of them, now you can, £7.50 per tip plus P&P, all you have to do is google:-

K.P. Spares, they are in Studley Warwickshire, for all your Shakespeare rod spares.

nottskev

Reaction score
I found this old post which may help if it is still correct!

Recently I posted a thread on here about glass tips for Shakespeare rods as I was going to hybridise tips if it was possible, unfortunately it wasn't and decided to buy a separate rod and plumped for the Shakespeare mach 2 xt 10ft wand, it arrived yesterday, less than a day from ordering to arriving at the door.

On checking the tips I found the 1oz/30gm tip had a broken top eye, I phoned Amazon and set the ball in motion to have the tip replaced, FOC of course, and what helpful people I encountered, the rod originally came from Tacklemate but my complaint was dealt with by Fishing Republic and I spoke to a young lady by the name of Sarah, nothing seemed to be too much trouble and within a very short time it had been arranged for UPS to pick up the broken tip, any way, I phoned Fishing Republic to make sure I'd done the procedure correctly, yes, every thing was OK and now I just had to package the tip and wait for collection by UPS.

While I was talking to Sarah I asked if would be possible to keep the tip, or at least if they would be able to post it back to me as I'd be able to repair it myself and would have a spare tip, I was told to hold and then told to phone another number.

I spoke to a Kevin Pierce, apparently his company deals with all the warranty returns for Shakespeare rods and explained the situation, he checked through his stock and yes he'd got the tip I wanted and that he'd send me one free of charge.

I then phoned Fishing republic and explained what was happening and they said to cancel UPS and it was Job done, the reason for posting is the fact that the mach 2 wands have a very unusual base size on the tip, 3.05mm, so there are no generic tips to fit and I've noticed Shakespeare wand owners saying they can't get hold of them, now you can, £7.50 per tip plus P&P, all you have to do is google:-

K.P. Spares, they are in Studley Warwickshire, for all your Shakespeare rod spares.

That's impressive! I think that makes you official Shakespeare spares archivist. Can you find me a spare tip section for my Sigma Canal Float rod (1979)? The other sections have been standing around all century.

mikench

Reaction score
Not really ! A cut and paste but if the company still exist it's worth contacting them!