When does an invasive species become an accepted part of the Eco system?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
From memory of another discussion along these lines, the EA uses a 150 year rule when deciding if something is indigenous to a water and only that water not the entire country.

Pity that doesn't apply to humans n'all !

mikench

Reaction score
I agree!! The amount of excrement they produce and leave on the pegs is unbelievable! Shame they apparently taste horrible !

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I agree!! The amount of excrement they produce and leave on the pegs is unbelievable! Shame they apparently taste horrible !

I know a few people who reckon they taste good.

I don't mind em me sell as they've got here off their own steam. They where supposadly imtroduced in the 17th century but apparently they where all ready here off their own steam. When something wild manages to get here by its self imo it isnt a invasive species.....just as an example, a swallow.

thecrow

Reaction score
I hate the bloody things, on a syndicate lake i belonged to i would spend hours going round islands smashing their eggs, its a good job we haven't got any of the giant Canada's over here.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I hate the bloody things, on a syndicate lake i belonged to i would spend hours going round islands smashing their eggs, its a good job we haven't got any of the giant Canada's over here.

So why would you hate em Graham?

It seems anglers hate pretty much anything that eats fish including pike (invasive fish have a pass though).
I'm quite sure canada geese don't eat many fish, maybe a few fry but so do duck, woggy hens etc...it seems like everythings in the hair cross of a lot of anglers these days!

Last edited:

Another Dave

Reaction score
I know a few people who reckon they taste good.

I don't mind em me sell as they've got here off their own steam. They where supposadly imtroduced in the 17th century but apparently they where all ready here off their own steam. When something wild manages to get here by its self imo it isnt a invasive species.....just as an example, a swallow.

Those little white egret mini herons are pretty plucky.

thecrow

Reaction score
So why would you hate em Graham?

It seems anglers hate pretty much anything that eats fish including pike (invasive fish have a pass though).
I'm quite sure canada geese don't eat many fish, maybe a few fry but so do duck, woggy hens etc...it seems like everythings in the hair cross of a lot of anglers these days!

Noise Sh!t and disturbance, on the syndicate water where i used to break the eggs there were upwards of 60 on there at times, mind the grey lag that were on another syndicate water could rival them for noise.

They are imo vermin to be iradicated

O

O.C.F.Disorder

I love em. Pretty much any animal with wings is ok in my book. Its just a shame some of them will eat our precious fish.