It's here and it's heavy!

thecrow

Reaction score
Still nowt here unless a few spots on my windscreen yesterday count as rain, I looked at 4 different forecasts yesterday and all gave different information, rain is forecast overnight but I wont be waiting up for it.

Another Dave

Reaction score
Massive downpour this afternoon, didn't make much difference to the ground but the river looks a bit fresher.

sam vimes

Reaction score
We had a, mostly dry, thunderstorm this morning. As of now, it's grumbling away again, but no sign of rain yet. I'm fairly certain we'll cop for some tonight.

mikench

Reaction score
No sign of rain here and it's still 27c at 7.00pm! It's hot and humid with no breeze at all! It's simply not British I tell you!:rolleyes:

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Hallelujah - we have finally had some rain! Not a lot, but beggars.....

All afternoon, here in south Bucks, it was hot and sultry, and then at around 4ish we had a light shower which then stopped, only to start again and continue for about 2,5 hours. Nothing heavy but the smell in the air is wonderful! Now, at around 8.30 the sky is with high cloud and unless it changes I doubt it will rain again tonight.

So much for the eclipse!!

Hope to fish tomorrow and I'm praying for rain, but NOT with lightening etc...............

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seriously humid uncomfortable yesterday and through last night, but today is a total change round with there being some strong gusts of wind lots of cloud cover and heavy intermittent showers. I think it's supposadly gonna be very heavy rain tomorrow....well see?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Despite the forecast (or is that the threat) of rain we have still not yet had a drop here on the edge of the Plain.

The temperature has dropped a lttle bit but it is still quite humid . . . . we could really do with a full on electric and rain storm to clear the air. . . .

B

binka

After the early morning deluge things dried up until early afternoon where we then had numerous heavy showers up until an hour ago with more forecast throughout the night.

It looks like tomorrow could well be a washout until mid-afternoon...

I would be tempted to have a go on my local club water with the leftover bait from this afternoon but having trashed my brolly (again!) in this afternoon's high winds I might just give it a miss.

Not only that but a storm pole speared my bag and went straight through it... Glad it was the bag and not me! :wow:

seth49

Reaction score
Steady rain here from about five o clock this morning, supposed to last all day, should freshen things up a bit, a lot cooler as well only thirteen degrees right now, down a bit from the thirty two degrees we have been having.

Still looking at a hosepipe ban from the fifth of August,

mikench

Reaction score
Raining very heavily here and saw a lot of rain driving home last night! The grass is loving it however!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
At long last we have some rain now.

The forecast tells me it will be about 5mm, so hardly enugh to wet the pavements.

Many years ago my grandparents had a house on the corner of a block with an huge old oak tree on the opposite corner.

When it rained my Granddad would look out of the window and if the ground under the tree was dry, then, according to him, it wasn't raining . . . . .

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
At long last we have some rain now.

The forecast tells me it will be about 5mm, so hardly enugh to wet the pavements.

Many years ago my grandparents had a house on the corner of a block with an huge old oak tree on the opposite corner.

When it rained my Granddad would look out of the window and if the ground under the tree was dry, then, according to him, it wasn't raining . . . . .

Propper rain here just now, it's forecast for a few hours so I would imagine on the high ground where the river catchments are it'll be very heavy and the rivers will be steaming through for a day or so. Not even worth thinking of fishing them for a day or so.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Raining steadily here too and is forecast to do so pretty well all day. Stuff the rain....its the drop in temps and humidity that I'm loving. Its currently 16 degrees here which is less than half the crippling 33 we had on Thurday. Long may it continue !

seth49

Reaction score
Just had a walk down to the ribble, it looks awful horrible green colour and lots of scum, might be up a couple of inches max, it is showing the river rising up at settle,but it will be a few hours before that gets here, needs a good flush out.needs more rain yet.
River level information for River Ribble at Locks Weir - GOV.UK

This link shows the level at settle, it’s up about a foot so far, take it about six hours to reach Clitheroe.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looks like the end of the drought has started. It's raining right now and we have a fair bit of it to come this week according to the forecast. Not be long and everyone will be moaning about it raining all the time and how we never have a decent summer :eek:mg:.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I hope that is it finished. It has been unbearably hot down here and this cooler stuff ( with or without a bit of rain) is much more like it. I might actually venture out next week.

With your acolyte?

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Very cutting, tigger...That's Skippy's confidence gone for a burton, in one fell swoop!!

We had rain, on and off most of yesterday, in south Bucks and it is still raining, or more drizzling at the moment. A leaden sky suggests it might just continue for most of the day. Then garden looks a lot better already - apart from the grass, that is!!

ps Hardly seen a bird on the feeders during the hot spell to the point of not having to fill them for weeks, yet these last two days in the damp they are back in numbers........