It's here and it's heavy!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've put this in genaral fishing as I think it's very relevant to fishing, especially ATM.
Any one else got rain, it's absolutly torrential here just now! The sky looks black and bruised and it looks like it's full of water.

rich66

Reaction score
Nope only a few clouds on the horizon here in Leicestershire Hardly any rain forecast either

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I looked at the bbc weather report today and it had a slight chance of light rain...how usless are they!
Surely they'd be able to see those huge expanses of black cloud with their satalites.

Keith M

Reaction score
I wouldnt get too upset if we had some rain to flush out our rivers and stop the big cracks appearing on our lawns either.

No rain forecast for our area of the country so far, and the ground is so hard any rain will just run off anyway.

Keith

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wouldnt get too upset if we had some rain to flush out our rivers and stop the big cracks appearing on our lawns either.

No rain forecast for our area of the country so far, and the ground is so hard any rain will just run off anyway.

Keith

I'm not upset Keith, i'm glad to jave it, as much for the wildlife as ewt else.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Drove through the beginnings of a big black cloud on the wrong side of the A66 earlier this evening. It managed to wet the roads but little more. Though there's plenty of cloud cover on the better end of the A66, there's no sign of rain. Hopefully, it's bucketing down up the dale.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
That's all very well tigger, BUT WHERE is 'here' ???

I haven't a clue where you hail from - even roughly!

For the record, South Bucks is bone dry. You could bounce a snooker ball off the grass.

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well, thats that then, it's stopped already!
It smells like a stagnant pond outside now and there isn't a hint of a wind. It's seriously humid also so looks like being a sleepless neet toneet!

Oops, sorry Tee Cee.....Lancashire bud.

Another Dave

Reaction score
Nothing forecast here until Tuesday.

I've been amazed that all the local rivers and streams are still flowing nicely, no rain at all for weeks and weeks now. Has to be springs.

thecrow

Reaction score
Chance of a shower here later, off fishing in a few mins but i am not taking a brolly its will be nice to sit in a bit of rain after so long without any.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Still nothing remotely wet but the sky does look threatening. However, the Beeb did say we have a chance of really heavy rain, but that's all it is - a chance!

I did wonder, Crow if you returning home after your session, soaking wet with shirt stuck to your manly chest (sort of Poldark style) did it for the wife/partner?? Well, you never know................

sagalout

Reaction score
I fished yesterday morning at Cinderford, Gloucestershire and there was light rain for a couple of hours but it didn't have much affect and as soon as it stopped everything was dry again. Mrs Lout reported that there was some light rain at home. We were forecast storms this afternoon but the met office have changed their minds again!

carpinbob

Reaction score
No rain here in North Norfolk just overcast, should be getting a couple light showers next week according the long range weather forecast.

seth49

Reaction score
Looks like we have had some rain here in Clitheroe, everything is wet and there’s even puddles, save me watering the garden for a while.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pretty much a sleepless night as I predicted and so I was aware of the quite heavy showers. It's still thick with clouds and were still having intermittent showers. It looks like it could hammer it down any moment and feels as though we could do with a good thunder storm to releive the pressure.