Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  23
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My, it is hot!

Blog Entries

Default My, it is hot!

Tomorrow I had planned a day fishing, with my brother, at Monk Lakes. The news tonight was talking about today (Monday) being the hottest day of the year so far. They were also saying that it could be even hooter tomorrow with highs of maybe 35ÂșC.

Needless to say we called it off and instead have decided to spend the day fishing the Medway in the shade of the trees at the bottom of my brother's garden. That is the advantage of having a river at the bottom of the garden... Jammy beggar!

Ralph.
    Hmmm... Where did that one go?

My fishing blog

Default Re: My, it is hot!

Best idea. Judging by the small number of threads there are not so many venturing out at the moment. Let us know HDYGO.

I saw on our local news that fish are having to be netted and moved from a river in Dorset, that has dried up in some places and too shallow in others. With no rain in sight I fear we may lose some valuable fish stocks in some rivers.
    By the time a man realizes his Father was right, he has a son who thinks he's wrong.

That has happened in a few places! Fish were dying in shallow pools almost devoid of oxygen and being eaten by birds! On farming today over 500 fish were rescued from one stretch of river alone by netting after mild electrocution!

The stream mentioned by the BBC, the Tarrant, often dries up although usually a bit later in the year and the EA rescue the fish and place them in teh Stour nearby. When the stream recovers in the winter the fish return up the stream.

6. Default Re: My, it is hot!

I am supposed to be fishing tomorrow but it is looking doubtful now.
    I for one have had enough of this heat now.
    Nice to see the weather forecasters have got it right this year but then again they have been predicting a scorchio summer for the past 5 years so the law of averages say they were going to be correct sooner or later.

It's so hot here in Metroland I thought I'd buy an ice cream but....

Blog Entries

It is steaming hot here right now . . . .

I have all the windows wide open and 2 fans on full blast . . . off to the pub' in a few minutes

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Fished yesterday,was said 27 degrees top temp, they were wrong. 31 Degrees C from around late morning. Got myself under the trees in the shade plus a bit of a breeze, so did not feel to bad.
    Fished ok, nothing major, but steady all day. Going home Car thermometer showing 31C
    all the way, Climate Control running a steady 22 C. Till I got home, turned the engine off and
    a stream of warm air entered the car from all parts. Warm to say the least.

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

I had a door frame to finish painting today after abandoning it yesterday because it was too hot. Thought I'd start early but tbh by 8 am it was already too hot. I'd have needed to start at about 3 am like the Binkster.

Its finished now but so am I . I cannot take this heat and that's indoors with about 15 fans going. The thought of fishing in this....even in the shade....fills me with horror. Its bloody dangerous.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast