Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Wild Venues.

Default Wild Venues.

I've been trying to think of any wild venues for fishing near me. Not rivers but lakes, ponds or reservoirs that have not been stocked. ( I know most places have seen some stocking at some time but I'm sure you know what I mean?) Honestly I cannot think of any, isn't that sad?

Most have been artificially stocked with either carp or trout. We even get barbel in ponds now. I'm not thinking about the old commercial thread here, but just a fact wild places with wild fish, like some of the Lake District lake's have don't exist in England anymore. I think that bothers me!

Rich

Blog Entries

Default Re: Wild Venues.

Ordnance survey map lots of searching and talking to farmers, offering money often helps with them
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

Quote Originally Posted by dicky123 View Post
    I've been trying to think of any wild venues for fishing near me. Not rivers but lakes, ponds or reservoirs that have not been stocked. ( I know most places have seen some stocking at some time but I'm sure you know what I mean?) Honestly I cannot think of any, isn't that sad?

Most have been artificially stocked with either carp or trout. We even get barbel in ponds now. I'm not thinking about the old commercial thread here, but just a fact wild places with wild fish, like some of the Lake District lake's have don't exist in England anymore. I think that bothers me!

Rich
    Yes it is sad!
    There used to be loads of farm ponds round me that all had perch or rudd in them but now there hardly any.
    There are some larger wild waters still round here that hardly ever see an angler .

Blog Entries

There are always those waters that need a bit of stealth in order to fish them, very early or late would I think be best.
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

5. Default Re: Wild Venues.

I do dislike those signs that tell you the species present in the lake and to what size they run to you often find on commercial waters. I like a bit of mystery in fishing as it adds to the excitement

O.C.F.Disorder Guest

Come to Rugby and ill show you 5 lakes that have never been stocked and are more wild than you could shake a stick at (literally).