Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

FM flyfishers who haven’t topped themselves over the destruction of the family home, and who might like to enjoy a meet-up next year should consider a visit to Bigland Trout Fishery, near Newby Bridge (south Cumbria), especially on the weekend of 16-17th May 2009. This is the start of Cumbria’s first ‘festival of fishing’ – Go Fishing, The Lake District.

The fishery is attractive and interestingly configured, with stunning views. It has a spacious lodge, toilets and good parking (I know because I went to look at it the other day). It’s under new ownership (he’s a fly fisherman), and the new owners are committed to running a well-managed fishery with high quality stocked fish. A new website is in development.

Please note; because the Bigland Estate has been split up, the fishery name no longer contains the words ‘Bigland Hall’. It’s Bigland Trout Fishery from now on.

You will have to organise a get together.

Depending on the date i may be interested.

Great Brian, assuming we can find each other by then! I've just set up an email account for the festival. If you email gofishinglakedistrict@googlemail.com you'll be contacted when there are more details.

Perhaps put 'FM fish-in' into the subject box (the same goes for others who might be interested).

I'm up for it.

Was getting all flustered over the Press Manner fishin being executed. Hoping to take some leave from work then. Should be okay so long as I don't conflict with the missus. She's making plans for 25 years of hell (marriage).

Sean Meeghan Guest

We're still intending to have the Press Manor event - can't ley Mr Baron keep that lovely cut glass bowl can we? [img]/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif[/img] There was talk of running it in June or July this year, but it does depend on what's happening to the site.

This do occurs on my birthday, but I'm still up for it if she who must be obeyed is working I'll be able to attend.

Glad to here we are still doing Press Manor.

Who wants a trophy with just there name on and some other guys but can't remember him.

Could be up for both fishins then. Provided work and silver wedding aniversary doesn't get in the way.

Life's too short to miss fishing.

You could always just give her a divorce for the 25th that way everybody would be happy.[img]/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif[/img]