Is the use of modern terminal tackle intuitive!

fishcatcher60

Reaction score
Really? I thought that was only the over 80's. You even get access to the web in prison these days

Yes really.
There are plenty of places where the signal is **** or nearly non existent.
There are also people who can't use it for various reasons.

Last edited:

Jelster

Reaction score
Which ones?

From what I was led to believe, most of them Crow.

I used to work for an IT services company and we installed Internet circuits to a number of prisons. When I asked what they were being used for it was all part of the rehabilitation process. They have "IT suites" but the sites that can be accessed is tightly managed.

Philip

Reaction score
I have to say, returning to the sport after a 5-6 year break, I wandered in to "Eric's Angling" at Farlows and just didn't have a clue what half the stuff on the shelves was.

So many hooklength materials, Carp rods that are so thin yet offer 3lb TC's, and what are these "barrow" things? Bite alarms about half the size of mine, the goal post rod pod systems.....

Method feeders, not really popular 5 or 6 years ago, are now all the rage, and all the bait additives & flavourings.

Really did my head in, I came home and did some more research before going back and parting with any cash.

I know exactly what your talking about & I have a similar issue but for different reasons. The UK leads the world in very specialized tackle and bait and when I take a wander round a tackle shop there is always these new things on the display boards that I look at and think what the heck is that.

However dig a little deeper and you generally find that very little is actually something new. Its always a re-boot of something thats already been done with a tweak here or there to make life a little easier and they give it a snappy new name but the basic principle is the same as before.

In the timescale your talking about 5-6 years I doubt there is much that is really new so yor probably allot more up to date than you think and its just a question of getting used to the new names for things.

If the occasion arises I actually quite enjoy using older names for things just to turn the tables and see if I can confuse the people in the shop :)

Reaction score
A lot these days don't understand that they need to sell different patterns of hook,sorry to say I would be hard pushed to go fishing without books I'M confident in,that's even for small fish,some don't riddle their 'moakes' every day or two,or put clean maize meal,or sawdust even,leaving a stinking writhing mass,yuk.