I think we've got 3 options

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Great job guys, keep it up. Lets follow the stereotypical angling debating technique. Let division rule!

/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
What fcking grates me is that none of the barbel wars boys have shown their faces on here! Or any other thread talking about the demise of FM!

They just use FM for their own stupid childish games!!!

I suggest that "barbel" are banned from the new site!!!

Mithrandir

Reaction score
currently barbel fishing world are invading chavenders site and causing havoc

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Too late Steve - I started a new War on Chavenders site /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Round one started ages ago.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Neil, we're mates.

Put your hand on your heart and tell me you think FM will survive.

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Steve Spiller wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

What fcking grates me is that none of the barbel wars boys have shown their faces on here! Or any other thread talking about the demise of FM!

They just use FM for their own stupid childish games!!!

I suggest that "barbel" are banned from the new site!!!</blockquote>

What new site????????????????

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Mithrandir

Yuku run BFW so if you have a log-in at that site you can use it for any Yuku site hence the BFW log ins.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Steve Spiller wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Neil, we're mates.

Put your hand on your heart and tell me you think FM will survive.</blockquote>
If these various "factions" keep surfacing at a drop of a hat, then absolutely, definately NOT.

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
I'm with Neil,

Steve have you herd the phrase ....... 'cross the bridge when we come to it' ?

Settle downmate. My biggest concern at the moment is FM 'splintering' and that is being fuellled at the moment!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Mark, there will be a new sitenext week and every member of FM will be welcome on it and completely new members will be welcome too.

We've got to face the truth, unless we've got a millionaire like Neil /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifout there willing to buy FM it aint gonna happen!

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

They just use FM for their own stupid childish games!!!<blockquote class=quoteheader>
</blockquote><blockquote class=quote></blockquote>
</blockquote>

Good post there Steve; Yes it makes you wonder don,t it.

S

Steve King

Iunderstand the commercial reasons why Magalica wish to offload the site,I just wish they could have given us a few more weeks to come up with a proper members buyout option.

Me: I' m with the People's Front of Judea, those of you with Judean People's Liberation Front are splitters!

Seriously guys, we are getting torn into bits! Graham I know you have started your well deserved retirement, but is there any chance you could navigate and assist us to a new home?

Please note the use of the singular "HOME" Blimey fellas we have too many choices when we only want one!! Co-ordination and leadershipare needed desparately.

C

Chris Pearson

Steve,

On the basis that whatever I say will get probably shot down in flames here comes my head over the parapet.

I agree that a new site is the best way forward they are having a laugh IMHO.

Magicalia may try and stop you using your own material because of their Terms and Conditions

In relation to copyright law see below,can't see how anybody sending their articles or photos would ever imagine that Magicalia would end up owning their work for no fee and therefore in my opinion there may not be a legally binding contract.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Mark, there will be a new sitenext week and every member of FM will be welcome on it and completely new members will be welcome too.

We've got to face the truth, unless we've got a millionaire like Neil /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifout there willing to buy FM it aint gonna happen!</blockquote>Glad to see you too Steve; Are not wearing blinkers;

C

Chris Pearson

<blockquote>

"Now, whatever in abstract discussion may be said as to the legal notion of its being necessary, in order to the effecting of a valid and binding contract, that the minds of the parties should be brought together at one and the same moment, that notion is practically the foundation of <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_law" title="English law">English law</a> upon the subject of the formation of contracts. Unless therefore a contract constituted by correspondence is absolutely concluded at the moment that the continuing offer is accepted by the person to whom the offer is addressed, it is difficult to see how the two minds are ever to be brought together at one and the same moment...[3] But on the other hand it is a principle of law, as well established as the legal notion to which I have referred, that the minds of the two parties must be brought together by mutual communication. An acceptance, which only remains in the breast of the acceptor without being actually and by legal implication communicated to the offerer, is no binding acceptance. <blockquote>

"One cannot doubt that, as an ordinary rule of law, an acceptance of an offer made ought to be notified to the person who makes the offer, in order that the <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meeting_of_minds" title="Meeting of minds">two minds may come together</a>. Unless this is done the two minds may be apart, and there is not that consensus which is necessary according to the English law - I say nothing about the laws of other countries - to make a contract."

C

Chris Pearson

Can't get the docs to load properly but bottom line is there has been no meeting of minds.

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score

We've got to face the truth, unless we've got a millionaire like Neil /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifout there willing to buy FM it aint gonna happen!</blockquote>
I wont be there. I don't do 'knee jerk'.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Neil Maidment wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Steve Spiller wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Neil, we're mates.

If these various "factions" keep surfacing at a drop of a hat, then absolutely, definately NOT.</blockquote>
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Neil Maidment wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Steve Spiller wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Neil, we're mates.

If these various "factions" keep surfacing at a drop of a hat, then absolutely, definately NOT.</blockquote>
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Mark Hewitt (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I'm with Neil,

Steve have you herd the phrase ....... 'cross the bridge when we come to it' ?

Settle downmate. My biggest concern at the moment is FM 'splintering' and that is being fuellled at the moment!</blockquote>

I hope we can stay friends guys, "splintering" is happening and it stinks! We've got 11 days and he is off sick!

Mark have you heard of the term "Flogging a dead horse"?

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I write and publish websites for a hobby and controla commercial one as well. The "Whatmore" and "Chavender" options could well be the right course of action (although YUKU are not my favourite!). But why on earth are some on here so desperate to burn all bridges with Magicalia whilst Chris is in conversation with them. It may come to nothing, it may result in something else, what's the point of hacking away before anyone knows?

Commercial decisions have nothing whatsoever to do with sentiment (for "sentiment" read members and content amongst other things).