I think we've got 3 options

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Mark have you heard of the term "Flogging a dead horse"?

The horse isn't dead yet............. but your comments are helping to kill it..

Steve, save this reaction for ten days time?..........................

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well Neil; If you read Steves posts again, Just maybe you'll see mate. As we all know that the clock is ticking and it will not stop; IMHO it,s not going to happen, I would more than love to see it working out, but my hart says no.

Jimmy.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Well whatever happens I consider you all to be my friends, I hope FM continues, but I realistically can't see it happening unless a bramovich steps in.

I will be and am gutted, I've put my head on the block, but that's how I am, I don't bullshit and I say it how I see it.

You're my friends and nothing will change that.

Steve.

Mithrandir

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Neil Maidment wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I write and publish websites for a hobby and controla commercial one as well. The "Whatmore" and "Chavender" options could well be the right course of action (although YUKU are not my favourite!). But why on earth are some on here so desperate to burn all bridges with Magicalia whilst Chris is in conversation with them. It may come to nothing, it may result in something else, what's the point of hacking away before anyone knows?

Commercial decisions have nothing whatsoever to do with sentiment (for "sentiment" read members and content amongst other things).</blockquote>

Neil, some are desperate to burn the bridges because they do not like being a commodity that some faceless commercial concern choose to dispose of with a few days notice, strikes of "brinksmanship" to me, and a few others.

I am just hoping that the good hardcore of the site stay friends, somehow, some where. The diversity we have here is refreshing, even if some of the clashes do get a bit boring as the same old axes have to be ground.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Let's get a few things straight before any more false assumptions and daft conspiracy theories raise their ugly heads.

If negotiations for FM are ongoing on 19th December the site will remain open until it's clear that it will not be sold.

Ed Marriage is genuinely ill but has been able to send an odd email from home.

Magicalia are not out to screw anyone, they've made a commercial decision to close FM unless it's sold and they will do all they can to sell it rather than close it.

If it does close down I can't see any problem with any contributor using his own contributions anywhere he likes. After all, those contributions will not have any value to Magicalia.

By all means arrange to have a site where a resemblance of FM can carry on if the site closes.

But otherwise, calm down, be patient, wait for Ed to return to work and for Chris to have his chat with him.

And finally, don't assume that Chris is the only one showing an interest in buying / taking over the site.

R

Roto Fryer

This is available as an emergency. It is free and will enable like minded individuals to continue to communicate in the event that FM closes. I hope that it does not!.

The site has no content, however, it has a comprehensive forum set up that will enable things to be discussed and a way forward sought.

I personally don't want to run a site, however, this can sit there, just in case, for the time being.

There is nothing wrong with covering our backsides rather than everyone losing touch because nobody thought to think ahead.

F

Fred Bonney

I see Roto has not been invited then?/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

R

Roto Fryer

Roto's never invited anywhere /forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

Donald Bain

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that the demise of FM is so imminent, bit too late in the day to offer a buy out!

Still, it seems as though the Forum will continue elsewhere, but what about the magazine elements of FM? You lot out there produced some great articles, all for free too!

As you may know, I'm involved in setting up a new company in the New Year, much of which will be angling based and we are setting up a new website magazine, written by top anglers, with free lance articles all paid for! We hope to have the site up and running by June or earlier. We have one of the UK's best ever Angling press editors ever in charge and have already engaged some of the best anglers in the UK as contributors.

This will run alongside our Retail sales venture as our very own advertising site!

I cannot disclose any more at this stage but just ask that people keep an eye out in the New Year. There are even more exciting developments to come but it all takes time!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Please show Graham the respect he deserves and listen to him!

I spoke to him at the weekend and it seems there is goodwill on Magicalia's behalf towards the site continuing in some form or another.

This shooting from the hip is counter-productive and if were Chris B, I'd be tempted to wash his hands of the matter.It may well be the case that continuing FM in its present form is practically and financially impossible but there may well be the opportunity of preserving a lot of it, particularly the name and archive, for a new site if we do not alientate Magicalia.To say that ED is off ill as some sort of conspiracy Steve is, forgive me,nonesense, and not worthy of you.

I know we are all feeling a bit aggrieved at what has happened but say what you will, we have had a good ride with Magicalia.Let us be calm and commercial as that is in our best interests in the long term.If you want to preserve the much vaunted FM community , lets try acting as one over the next week or so!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

If people are so worried about what is going to happen .......why notstart the other site anyway and we all join both.....and then if the worsthappens and FM does close we won't haveany break in continuity ....If FM doesn't close we still have the other site as well ....

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Ed what a fine and simple solution.Which is the site we are all joi ning enmass?

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I can't understand some of you people. You all want fishingmagic to remain and carry on as normal or so you say, yet here we have examples of people saying they want their own site and this despite the reassurances that people are trying to save it in its entirety. I think some of you need to to take good hard look at yourselves, let people who know what they are talking about try and sort it out and stop acting like bl@@dy stupid washerwomen.

If it becomes obvious that saving it is a non starter then there are alternatives to replace it so why all this idiotic panicking?

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Gav Barbus wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Ed what a fine and simple solution.Which is the site we are all joi ning enmass?</blockquote>

BIGRUSSIANTRACTORGIRLS.COM.RU

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

It was Deanos' idea.......

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Yes well said Graham, you set of bitches.Woody I am already a member of this top site and regularly pop in to peruse the beauties.Eddie C reccommended a site recently but was not too impressed to be honest ,most of them looked liked men and they had todgers too prove it!!!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Gav Barbus wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Ed what a fine and simple solution.Which is the site we are all joi ning enmass?</blockquote>

The Mister Whatmore one ........(as yet not set up)

all those others are just places to keep in touch with each other

E

EC

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Gav Barbus wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Yes well said Graham, you set of bitches.Woody I am already a member of this top site and regularly pop in to peruse the beauties.Eddie C reccommended a site recently but was not too impressed to be honest ,most of them looked liked men and they had todgers too prove it!!!</blockquote>

You'll have to remind me which site I recommended Gav, I don't remember that bit.

(I haven't been able to dig your flyer out yet either mate,send me a pm 'nag' if you haven't heard off me by the weekend).