I think we've got 3 options

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
1-The buy out

2-Chav's ghost FM

3-Gary Whatmores new site

My personal feelings.

1-Non-starter, the logistics and cost are un-real and Ed Marriage (negotiator) is out sick at the moment. Read into that what you will?

2-It looks great Chav, but I've got concerns about copyright and funding etc.

3-It's gonna cost peanuts to set up a new site and take a lot of "our" stuff with us.

3 Gets my vote.

F

Fred Bonney

1.Until we know better, Ed is sick, Graham told me on saturday!

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Not that simple Steve..............

I suggest hold all speculation untill Chris gets some feed back. All this speculation is causing the 'splintering' of FM, before we know its final fate........

Its good we have contingencies, but in the meantime lets throw our support behind Chris and await developments!

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Fred Bonney wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>1.Until we know better, Ed is sick, Graham told me on saturday!</blockquote>

Hmmm. So what's this -

"Hi Jeff,

Got your call. Sorry, I'm tied up all this week."

Bondage, funny sort of sickness.

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Fred, Ed is sick?

Rather fortunate I think?

C'mon let's face it, the buy out is unreal. They keep the servers (or whatever it is) and rent it to us. If things pick up they up the rent!

Sorry, but I'm all in favour of starting a new site and trying to make it half as good as FM!

We can take all of our suff with us (it's ours after all) and build a new site.

The site will be built by anglers for anglers.............

A new FM..............

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Steve what is it that 'belongs to us' that we can take with us?

And why do we need to at this point in time?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Mark all of "our" articles and the rest of itis ours. These can be copied and taken to a new site, a better site.

Everyone has to be real here, it aint gonna happen. Can we buy out FM? I can't I'm skint! How much is anyone willing to put into it? The logistics are huge!

Ed is sick............too sick to answer the phone or emails?

A new site made by "US" is the only way I believe.

Everyone is welcome to join it and Magicalia are history, what's the problem with that?

W

Wolfman Woody

"We can take all of our suff with us (it's ours after all) and build a new site."

NO it ain't!

It belongs to Magicalia. You should read the small print in the terms and conditions.

F

Fred Bonney

Jeff, I think you've got what we called the bum's rush.

He doesn't want to talk to you!

F

Fred Bonney

I seem to remember Graham telling me, when I asked if I was able to use my articles elsewhere, he said they are yours to use as you wish.

And I have.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Steve Spiller wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Everyone is welcome to join it and Magicalia are history, what's the problem with that?</blockquote>

IMHO: I think ED; Is leading us up the garden path.

New site, New start, New Year.

W

Wolfman Woody

'appen because he knows that I know what I'm talking about, Fred.

I've bought into enough pups in my time, but I've hopefully learned from my mistakes.

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Steve Spiller wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Mark all of "our" articles and the rest of itis ours. These can be copied and taken to a new site, a better site.

Everyone has to be real here, it aint gonna happen. Can we buy out FM? I can't I'm skint! How much is anyone willing to put into it? The logistics are huge!

Everyone is welcome to join it and Magicalia are history, what's the problem with that?</blockquote>

Take it easy mate.........

Everything we contributed to the site does belong to magicalia...... in return we got to accses and use this great site for free. Should the negotiations succeed then the 'database' along with the name will continue much the same.

If all that fails then will be the time for a 'new dawn'!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Jeff,as it happens all of "My" articles are saved in "Word" on my pc, their mine. My pics are too, so it's just a case of "when" I delete "My" gallery.

Also, I know that members are copying and pasting as we speak!

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
feck Magicalia thats what I say; Come on guy,s do you really think that they care about us, I don,t think so; It,s deal or no deal end off.

Donald Bain

Reaction score
Well, i'm off ill for a few weeks and look what happens! The whole world falls apart! Seriously, I have had a crap few weeks because my operation to sort my problem ended up causing me more problems!

And I haven't managed to get a rod to water for 9, yes NINE weeks! I'm having withdrawal symptons!

Anyway, what's all this about Fishing Magic? If they're in the shit, e; Magicalia want to sell it, I know someone who would be more than interested and he's a brilliant angler and angling journalist who comes from Sheffield. No, it's not me!

All of this talk about setting up a new site is, I'm sorry to say, a load of hot air. The cost involved runs into thousands to set up a site like this, so who is going to bankroll it?

Sorry lads, the only option is a buy out.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Don,

Sorry to hear about your bad time mate, hope you get on the mend soon.

We CAN set up a new site for peanuts, it's gonna happen! It is happening, the wheels are in motion.

Magicalia will pull the plug on FM on Dec' 19th!

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We will all still be talking of the same old thing, when they pull the plug;

PS; I hope yous have all got your life jackets ready; Mine is ready;