How to land a fish.

Reaction score
I'm not bloody surprised,the guy would make a good wicket keeper.

carpinbob

Reaction score
Might have to try that way next time I’m out on the bank and actually catch something.??????

mikench

Reaction score
Amazing! Where did you find that John?

I freely admit that that kind of fast and furious fishing is not for me and I would become bored very rapidly! The angler in ? Clearly wasn't and judging by his prowess, not shared with many of the others , he had been practicing!

It must have been a match!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Posted by a friend on Facebook Mike.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Barbless hooks?.....I would imagine their mouths would be blitzed!

Keith M

Reaction score
I noticed there was a fish floating bottom up in the bottom left of the film at one point near the end. I’m not really surprised though :eek:mg:

Last edited:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
why use a net all he had to do was swing them to chest height, ? I would have thought there would have been less chance of losing one doing that way than risking the fish hitting the edge of the net. And if that bloke had been standing at the side of me skylining, he would have been politely asked to do one.

jasonbean1

Reaction score
they were good size carp of some sort he was swinging, if one hit him on the chest it would have probably knocked him off his box!

it would be good to see an angler like that against one of our top blokes on a uk commercial...be hard to msay who would win!

wyncroft

Reaction score
From what I gather (more than happy to be corrected) I think they're Herabuna fishing, which is like an Asian crucian carp. Typically fished for on telescopic fixed line poles, or hand-made bamboo if you've got the yen...

They typically use a slightly odd two hook rig with paste as bait, sometimes with a different paste on the shorted hooklength to let a cloud of paste drift down to envelop the lower hook. Some also use the coloured sections on the very long float tip (fished bottom-only) to determine when the paste has dissolved as the float starts to slowly lift with less bait on the hook.

Here's a slightly less frenetic and nicely produced introduction to it

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
they were good size carp of some sort he was swinging, if one hit him on the chest it would have probably knocked him off his box!

it would be good to see an angler like that against one of our top blokes on a uk commercial...be hard to msay who would win!

If he fished like that on a uk commercial he would be asked to leave, but I can see where you are coming from. The best weight I had in a match whip fishing was just shy of 20lb, and nothing was over 6oz, I came 3rd beaten by the first two who had a couple of small carp fishing long on the pole, That must be some beefed up tackle the guy is using to swing those in like that, I have hit F1's on the whip when they have muscled the roach out, and there is no way I could have done what he did, It would be interesting to know what would happen if a fish fell off as he was swinging it in and missed the net, would he get off his box and retrieve it, ?