Fishing for a few hours mote park

davelavelle

Reaction score
So went fishing just for a few hours this mornibg in mote park. First time in many years. The idea was to take my boy 11. Just to set up and learn how to set up the rod and float.
We enjoyed the morning although we did not catch on this occassion.

Try uploading a couple of pictures later.

wetthrough

Reaction score
Shame you didn't catch. Always good to get something whatever it is just to keep the interest going. It's getting colder so it isn't going to get easier in the coming months. If you tell us more about your methods and tackle, bait/groundbait and anything you know about the venue I'm sure our more experienced members will give you some pointers.

There's also a regular thread "How did you get on" for catch reports.

Cheers and good luck next time, Gordon

O

O.C.F.Disorder

If you are looking for some kid friendly action, go to a river! Better luck next time buddy.

Jelster

Reaction score
Haven't lived (or fished) that area for years, but the Medway at Allington Lock was always good when we were kids. All sorts of species in there, and generally a few larger fish come out while hitting the smaller ones.

About 100 metres up from the lock was good, houseboats on the other bank if I remember correctly, but it has been a good 30 plus years since I fished it.

john step

Reaction score
I haven't fished Mote Park for some years but I found when the weather got colder the deeper end was better. There were always roach and some good bream there. Its the opposite end of the lake from where the stream enters.

At the risk of being shot down I would say why not take your son to one of the commercial type fisheries that have sprouted in recent years, just maybe to get the feel of a fish on the end and fire his enthusiasm.