In these times of doom and gloom..

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
All right folks.

I picked up on the recent happenings earlier.

It's very sad, although I'm sure enough people have strong enough intentions; I'm sure somting will rise from the ashes, if there are any ashes.

FM has been great for me. Without it I would probably never gone to Asia. I wouldn't have experienced the Ribble fish inns, which are legends in themselves.

I would never have met Morespiders. Every silver lining has a cloud, right?

Anyway, have you lot been out fishing, caught much? My efforts over here have been 'hampered' somewhat by various distractions. So far I've fished the River Kwai (as in the film) for one small, but very pretty, Indian River Barb.

I said Barb, not Barbel. No, I didn't use 4 rods, set up camp, get pissed or abuse anyone whatsoever.

I'm in Chiang Mai now, there are some promising looking waters nearby...

Enjoy the run up to Christmas you lot, tight lines!

The bad one

Reaction score
Rik

Since the week of the Ribble Fish-in 22 Nov we've had a proper winter. That's getting on for 3 Weeks, offrosty nights, iceandsnow.

The Ribble has been as cold as the grave with icewater, the fishing has been hard, bloody hard! I've froze my nuts off for a max of3 chub in - 7 temperatures.

On one of our club lengths you know it well /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif Me and my mate have been the only anglers on,on Sat and Sun.

I guess until the weather turns warmer we'll have it to ourselves.... just wish the fish new that and we'd clean up/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Phil

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Ric,

I spent (or is that wasted) a few hours late Sunday afternoon on the Avon. Very cold and rushing through at a jogging pace.

"No, I didn't use 4 rods, set up camp, get pissed or abuse anyone whatsoever."

Ah, so you are not a <u>real</u> Barbel-fisher then.

I suppose you'll never go on to make a DVD either . . . . . . . . . .

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
ha ha Peter nice one! I enjoy my fishing too much; I've absolutely no intentions of making it my business, thereby ruining my pleasure.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
The Avon was really cold on Sunday, but a few Dace, and one Chub graced the net in the end.

I couldn't agree more, once you have to make money from your hobby I think the real enjoyment goes out the window.

Morespiders

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ric Elwin wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I would never have met Morespiders. Every silver lining has a cloud, right?

</blockquote>

Ohh The Elwin, never knew you cared/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Been busy last 6 days mate, will catch up with you this week

Not been out myself, to cold for us old people

E

EC

I got out local last weekend for a few hours chub fishingRic, water temp was about 3.5deg C and it was a lovely clear day, suffice to sayI caught nowt.

All being well I should be doing similar Thursday tea time depending on how irrational I am when I get home from work.

S

Sean Meeghan

Went to the John Ledger memorial do on the Idle last weekend. The Saturday was hard fishing due to an awkward wind, but I had a great morning's fishing with Graham and Ron on the Sunday in glorious crisp, sunny conditions. It was the sort of day that makes you feel privileged to be out on the bank.

Reaction score
Tried to persuade Spiders out for tomorrow Rik but he's not having it! Always some excuse..like utilising his winter fuel allowance (I thought he was still tapping Ed's electric!!)

So I'm off to the Macc tomorrow to see what I can see! if it is iced over...you haven't got Jane Torvills phone number with you?