66 Years Ago Today

barbelboi

Reaction score
Yes Skip, and I believe that every record fish since has died before the the next record was landed...

And just to clarify the name...............

RichardWalkerRavioli 2.jpg

steve2

Reaction score
Just goes to show how luck in angling can go hand in hand and change things.
Like all angling records just being in the right place at the right time is all you need.

Philip

Reaction score
I dont Phil, so I am not being influenced there.

Does it matter ?

Well I wonder what anglers like Richie Mcdonald thought as it probably cost him a record as well as a certain Mr Yates an earlier one.

fred hall

Reaction score
I can't tell you how many times I went to the aquarium in Regents Park and sat looking at clarissa and the other lesser carp with wide eyes,amazing that someone actually caught the fish on rod and line,because let's not forget,we were all told carp were uncatchable...
Yes, I'd say that was the prevailing attitude to carp back then but as I type this probably hundreds of carp are being caught at commercial, and other, fisheries up and down the UK! **** Walker was definitely one of my boyhood heroes.

steve2

Reaction score
Walker was my boyhood fishing hero with his Angling Times features.

What did this carp weigh? I know it was queried at the time as to whether or not the weight included the sack.

I remember it took me years to catch my first double mainly because the waters we fished had very few if any of this size but catching any carp was consider by us to be an event.
We now know that big carp are no more difficult to catch than any other big fish in fact in many waters now far easier.

The bad one

Reaction score
I dont Phil, so I am not being influenced there.

Does it matter ?

Well I wonder what anglers like Richie Mcdonald thought as it probably cost him a record as well as a certain Mr Yates an earlier one.
To me personally not in the least Philip. From the point of historical accuracy probably yes, if any of the rumours down the years that have circulated have any validity. Sadly the people who knew what was fact and what was fiction are now dead, taking what they knew to the grave with them.