Now there's a nip in the air.

flightliner

Reaction score
A noticeable change in air temperatures of late, what subtle changes have you made to your angling ?

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Despite the touch of ground frost and a couple of inches of colder water in the river from the rain earlier this week I managed to get a response on hemp and tares Monday afternoon from the roach and dace. No fishing today but hopeful tomorrow when it's supposed to be a bit warmer. If it stays warm and no floods I'm ever hopeful of still catching on hemp and tares until late October.

rich66

Reaction score
Just made some cheese paste, I’ll be using that later today along with flake, and bacon roll. Hopefully I’ll tempt a chub or three, maybe an elusive Soar barbel !

iain t

Reaction score
Still nice and warm down here on the South coast. We did have a heavy shower 2 days ago but it's still like summer. Still only wearing shorts, a t-shirt and Crocs

xenon

Reaction score
Similar to Mark, i am still catching good roach on tares at Staines bridge, will carry on until it stops working

carpinbob

Reaction score
I will just continue with the way I’m fishing now,when nov gets here cut down on the feed until spring.

flightliner

Reaction score
I will just continue with the way I’m fishing now,when nov gets here cut down on the feed until spring.
Exactly what I found myself doing the other day Bob.
Things had slowed right down on a water I've been using to the point where a bite or two were all to be expected so I cut right back on the loose feed figuring that any fish in the area were just picking up the odd morsel - half a pint of casters seemed enough.
I just sat on my hands afterwards, not so much as a single peep from the optonics or a liner of any sort suggested that I may have been right.
Come late afternoon and I had a single fish.