Probability in fishing

john step

Reaction score
If I might be permitted to digress slightly. Treating decking.............Some years ago I spent a lot of effort and petrol money travelling round the dreaded M25 before work to bait up a swim on a large gravel pit ready for the 16th June when fishing used to start then.

On the night of the 15th I arrived to find two utter d1ckheads had treated a wooden bridge that led to an island with engine oil which had dripped in copious quantities into the water and had covered the entire surface of the portion of the pit where I had baited. Grrrr. Oh bother I said. How unfortunate.

eric

Reaction score
Probability (and maths) in fishing:

There are three fishing mates, they have been fishing all day, not a bite between them, they are demoralised and hungry. They decide to go to the local pizza restaurant and share a jumbo pizza. They each have 10 one pound coins in their pockets, no other money.

They walk into the restaurant and order the jumbo pizza, the waiter says it is £30, that's ok they say, we have the exact money. Good says the waiter because I have no change. The three anglers are half way through the pizza when the waiter returns with 5 of their one pound coins, sorry he says, I have overcharged you, the pizza is £25.

The anglers say thanks for being so honest, and each take £1 back and give the last £2 to the waiter.

Therefore the three anglers each paid £9, total = £27 + the waiter's £2 = £29. Where is the other £1 coin?

Sorry, I'll shut up!
Good question. The answer is each angler paid £8.33 for their share of the pizza plus £0.66p for the tip, this equals £9 each or £27, in total the remaining £3 they got back in change. Sorry

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Keith M

Reaction score
No slip decking paint works well, basically varnish with sand in it.
Should never need more than 5mm between deck boards imo.

Non-Slip decking paint is what we used to paint the flight deck on Aircraft Carriers with and if it copes with oil and fuel spills on a windy flight deck in a rough sea sailing into the wind during flying stations then it would be absolutely brilliant on a wet landing stage for fishing.

They also paint normal deck surfaces with it too.

Keith