Shorter rods

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Now that is the sort of place i like to find few and far between . nice find Keith ...
My big problem now is getting to them i am down to less than 80 or so meters walking now awaiting hospital input ..

PG ...

eric

Reaction score
Totally agree. Apart from feeder fishing on rivers my go to rod is 9' as it's just easier to handle. used to have a 10' rod which was a good size too

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

daniel121

Reaction score
I tend to stick to 13 foot rods apart from on the feeder. I do see the attraction of short rods on commercials but TBH its not something I've felt the need to change too, I'm guessing as I'm no spring chicken its not going to change now but never say never

Richox12

Reaction score
I do use short rods both float and 'Feeder' but they have specific uses.

9' Bomb/Feeder when the 'chuck' is merely 10m - 15m say. 12 float when waggler fishing with not too much depth or distance because it's easier/lighter/more balanced to use and even 11' float rods when waggler fishing up in the water at relatively close range (say max 15m) and getting lots of quick bites. When fishing 4' deep and no more than 15m catching lots of roach the 11' rod is much, much easier to use than a 13' equivalent.

But i'd use a longer rod - 15' say - if fishing top & bottom down the middle of the river etc

It's all horses for courses.