Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Clocks going back

Does this help or hinder or make no difference to your fishing ?

Part of me quite likes it as it means dusk comes an hour earlier so you can fish the magic hour and still be home for dinner at a reasonable time.

The other part of me hates it as its cold dark and miserable that much longer !

Default Re: Clocks going back

I rarely get my backside in gear before 1400, so it has a fair impact on me. However, when it gets colder, I go for shorter sessions anyway, so it's not the end of the world.

Blog Entries

I'm pretty much like you Philip. Early darkness is a bonus maybe the cold is the only difference as if I'm out it's an accepted, it's the falling asleep as soon as I've sat down in a warm house that gets me a big earache !

It makes little difference to me, my fishing is baced on the day light hours anyway. This is unfortunately due to age and my body packing in on me, In this case my eyes. I've had several operations on them while I'm very grateful to the wonderful medical staff who has saved my sight twice its come at the cost of poor night vision, I go almost blind in low light conditions! For this fishing the magic hour is a thing of the past for me.

Therefore all moving the clocks an hour either way does is keep me in bed an hour or get me up an hour earlier.
    The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams!

For the next couple of weeks I will be able to start out earlier in the mornings to miss the heavy traffic (which really gets going around 07.15) but only if the weather plays ball. It means I can set off at 06.15, then 06.20 etc. until the mornings close in as well.
    Even if I don't fish I'm still up before 06.15. Rising early never been as issue as I love the early mornings.

I went yesterday and would've gone this morning, but I can no longer sit out on consecutive days without my medical issues kicking in. Still, at least I'm getting out which is a massive bonus.......
    Last edited by Tee-Cee; 29-10-2018 at 07:26.

There is talk of doing away with altering the clocks, and I would prefer it, early start in summer and darker an hour sooner at night,
    At least I’d get home earlier as the last couple of hours are usually the best.

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

I tried to turn mine back to when I was carefree and single and could do what I wanted

Won’t make much difference to me, I will still fish the same hours as I did before.

I never liked the clocks going back. I much prefer to have the extra hour of light at the end of the day. It was no use to me all the years at work to have brighter mornings - the hours before work were "dead" time, taken up with getting up, getting breakfast, getting ready and driving there. It made no difference whether light or dark. I wanted the extra hour of light after work, so at least a bit of your free time was in light, whatever you chose to do with it.

I feel the same now, for different reasons. I need time in the mornings to get sorted and ready for the day, so I don't enjoy the need to be rushing out earlier to make the most of the shrinking daytime. I'd much rather start later and fish til 5 or later than start earlier and have to finish by 4.

I wonder if we'll ever get the chance to opt for a preference, now that referenda have been shown to be such good decision-making methods?

Blog Entries

Could anyone explain why we still mess about with the clocks as I can see no reason for it at all.
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast