Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi all,i have just bought myself a little 125cc motorbike as i dont drive so thought this is a cheap option to get me to my favourate fishing spots.
    Im wanting to take minimal tackle on my bike to ensure my safety.This is all i need anyway as the place i want to fish is the Upper Witham roving for chub etc.
    I have a youngs travel rod that i can easily get on the bike but the one thing im struggling with is my landing net handle.
    With this in mind can anyone tell me of a good handle that you may know of as the ones i have found are still a little too long to carry with confidance.
    Also does anyone know if i am by law allowed to carry a quiver on my back while on the bike as this would solve my problem but i dont want to risk any police trouble of risk anyones safety.
    Anyone else use a motorbike for fishing would love to hear how you carry tackle if you do.
    Thanks for any input guys and gals

EC Guest

I'm not sure of the law Paul but I've seen lots of anglers on mopeds and 125's etc. carrying rod bags.

Edit: there are a few trout net/handles which i suspect would be fine for chub which fold up and can be carried on your back

Thanks for that EC. Just gone through the reviews on here again and i think the fox stalking handle might be best i have foundsofar,just trying to find best price at the minute. £39.99 best i have found so far.Seems ideal as it folds from 21" to 60" it doesnt need to be too long as there are no high banks where i normally fish.

It's pricey but Fox do a travel landing net handle. Though for most purposes a folding trout net does me well enough

We must have been writing replies at the same time!!!

Cakey Guest

one of ...................THESE

Cakey Guest

then you can join ......................THESE

Cakey Guest

then you can do......................THIS

mmh thanks for the input cakey but i think a new handle might be cheaper mate

Get a little motor put on this and you're away.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3131/...175154.jpg?v=0
    Some people are so poor, that all they have is money

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast