What haven't you got Angling wise but really want

benny samways

Reaction score
This is a very interesting subject, Whitty. I get what you mean, the learned knowledge and experience becomes an intrinsic skill set.

Perhaps I should have put angling omnipotence!

JONM14

Reaction score
Id like the ability to catch the same number of fish as my dad when fishing the same rod and reel in the same swim, at the same time on the same lines. Hes done it to me a few times now and i really dont have an answer for it other than he has luck on his side.

john step

Reaction score
Regarding the question of acquiring Normarks. I have two!!! Unfortunately I have not a clue as to whether they are MK 1 or even Okeykokys :eek:mg: I have had them eons and all I know is they are nice rods!
One at 13 the other 12. Both can cope with light hooklengths.

Reaction score
This is a very interesting subject, Whitty. I get what you mean, the learned knowledge and experience becomes an intrinsic skill set.

Perhaps I should have put angling omnipotence!

I don't anyone reaches that level,even the greats,and there have been many,I've watched in awe,at least I was capable enough to see how good some were and seen my shortcomings,many don't think they are doing anything different....

Reaction score
Id like the ability to catch the same number of fish as my dad when fishing the same rod and reel in the same swim, at the same time on the same lines. Hes done it to me a few times now and i really dont have an answer for it other than he has luck on his side.

If on a river it can happen,I've given my set up that I was bagging on to a mate,he has fished for half an hour and caught nothing,he's given the rod back and I've continued to bag up,I did rub the rod butt on my 'goldens'...

Keith M

Reaction score
I have more than enough rods, reels and other fishing paraphernalia and I also have some really excellent fishing available to me but I would dearly love to have less hip, knee and ankle pains and be at least 20 years younger so that I could enjoy my fishing even more.

Oh and a 30 year old nymphomaniac wife which loved fishing as much as I do.

Keith

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
The trouble is, so I'm told, the nympho bit disappears after 6 months and you are left with the maniac!! Nice while it lasted though:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Trouble is,most wives lose interest and go to sleep,or look for a milkman...

john step

Reaction score
I have more than enough rods, reels and other fishing paraphernalia and I also have some really excellent fishing available to me but I would dearly love to have less hip, knee and ankle pains and be at least 20 years younger so that I could enjoy my fishing even more.

Oh and a 30 year old nymphomaniac wife which loved fishing as much as I do.

Keith

Trouble is Keith is that you would get very little fishing done. " If the bivvy is rocking...don't come knocking"

nottskev

Reaction score
I'm tripping over the gear I've got, and I don't really want any more. What I do want is access to good, year-round fishing for the traditional stillwater and river mix of species. The more gear I accumulate, the more I realise it's the kind of fishing I like that I'm short of, not rods and reels etc.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm tripping over the gear I've got, and I don't really want any more. What I do want is access to good, year-round fishing for the traditional stillwater and river mix of species. The more gear I accumulate, the more I realise it's the kind of fishing I like that I'm short of, not rods and reels etc.

Only one thing to remedy that Kev.....you might have to travel a bit further.

nottskev

Reaction score
Only one thing to remedy that Kev.....you might have to travel a bit further.

I've already scouted places out within a 30 mile radius - I'm doing my best :) You need a helicopter to get through the traffic round here, too.