What haven't you got Angling wise but really want

mikench

Reaction score
I was going to say a 10 meter pole and a box but that wouldn't be entirely sincere. I have most things but do want a Normark rod and there are still varieties of fish I have yet to catch and you cannot get them at the tackle shop!:)

Reaction score
A Normark Avenger 2000,but it won't happen,as I'm not paying the amounts being asked for an out of production rod,with no spares available(legit ones that is).

wetthrough

Reaction score
I'd like a 13' float rod that behaves like my 10'6" Greys Toreon Float. Most rods seem to be tip actioned these days, the 13' Greys is which is fine for distance/slider fishing but for closer range I'd prefer something with a bit more give down the blank, I think. I still can't drive and won't be able to for several weeks I've been told so can't get into the shops to see what's available. Intend to go over to Bobco's as soon as I can drive again.

mikench

Reaction score
Look out for two Alan and I will do likewise! :rolleyes: I saw one for sale from some far flung place abroad at over four hundred quid and laughed .!

Reaction score
I'm afraid that at over 200 notes plus I'm not prepared to pay out that amount for an accident waiting to happen,sods law dictates it will...

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A Normark Avenger 2000,but it won't happen,as I'm not paying the amounts being asked for an out of production rod,with no spares available(legit ones that is).

The 1000, 2000 and 3000's are all superb rods, i've had them all, but the range I kept was the 13ft MKII range. They are my favourites from the normark float rod stable. I've been giving a 13ft MKII avenger serious stick for 13yrs now and to look at it it's not far from being new in appearance.
Imo, if you can find one and it's in mint nick it's worth more than any top end rod in the shops today and daiwa like to charge high prices!
Regarding breakages, you pay your money, you take your chance.
Imo most breakages with fishing rods are down to clumsy anglers.

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
What I haven't got angling wise but really want is a nice fast flowing river, with a healthy head of barbel, chub and massive roach with the odd large pike and occasional trout and grayling. No bream or bleak exist in this river and only I know how to get there, which is very convenient as it's only a five minute drive from my house. That what I haven't got!!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A boat. I could then get to those hard to reach swims on the river, wouldn’t have to buy a club ticket, think how much I’d save!

I would rather like one like the one my last employer had, think that might negate the savings in club subscriptions though.

mAKwVMa.jpg

mikench

Reaction score
I can just see that on the Stour John! Boats are the very worst of money pits and mine was a modest affair! I do fancy a sea kayak though for a bit of gentle trolling!

peterjg

Reaction score
I would like a 12ft DAM New Dimension float rod - I have the 14ft version - they are around 25 years old.

BUT

What I really want is a photo of me holding a 3lb roach - I won't hold my breath!

rayner

Reaction score
Can't think of any tackle I need or want. I'd settle for a spare peg either side of where I fish.

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Jim Jim haven't you heard of Google!!!

Where is Jim Crosskey today?

Mike I've tried Google and all it seems to know about is the river wye which I visit regularly but need a very long run up (as it's two hours away) - so "drop of the hat" sessions are out of the question. Just leaves my local bit of the thames in Oxfordshire but to be honest its been doing my head in recently as I just can't seem to get past the small roach and dace and on the rare occasion I do I catch a 2lb bream!! It also does my nut in that it can rain and rain and rain here but the rivers stay low and clear!!

Another Dave

Reaction score
Main thing i'd like is a really really light float rod around 13ft for trotting maggots (dace, roach, perch, trout, modest chub).

Reaction score
Benny,I don't think that ever happens,all skill comes from hard graft and study and every little snippet learnt can mutate to greater knowledge. This isn't being big headed,but I have a lot of knowledge on the waggler,especially for stillwaters,but on rivers too,I'd love to pass it on,but nobody seems interested,a very sad tale I know,but...