Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default What haven't you got Angling wise but really want

I was going to say a 10 meter pole and a box but that wouldn't be entirely sincere. I have most things but do want a Normark rod and there are still varieties of fish I have yet to catch and you cannot get them at the tackle shop!

Blog Entries

Default Re: What haven't you got Angling wise but really want

Maybe a pair of the old fox 12'-0" one pound tc rods for roach fishing.

Blog Entries

A Normark Avenger 2000,but it won't happen,as I'm not paying the amounts being asked for an out of production rod,with no spares available(legit ones that is).

Blog Entries

I'd like a 13' float rod that behaves like my 10'6" Greys Toreon Float. Most rods seem to be tip actioned these days, the 13' Greys is which is fine for distance/slider fishing but for closer range I'd prefer something with a bit more give down the blank, I think. I still can't drive and won't be able to for several weeks I've been told so can't get into the shops to see what's available. Intend to go over to Bobco's as soon as I can drive again.

Look out for two Alan and I will do likewise! I saw one for sale from some far flung place abroad at over four hundred quid and laughed .!

Blog Entries

I'm afraid that at over 200 notes plus I'm not prepared to pay out that amount for an accident waiting to happen,sods law dictates it will...

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    A Normark Avenger 2000,but it won't happen,as I'm not paying the amounts being asked for an out of production rod,with no spares available(legit ones that is).

The 1000, 2000 and 3000's are all superb rods, i've had them all, but the range I kept was the 13ft MKII range. They are my favourites from the normark float rod stable. I've been giving a 13ft MKII avenger serious stick for 13yrs now and to look at it it's not far from being new in appearance.
    Imo, if you can find one and it's in mint nick it's worth more than any top end rod in the shops today and daiwa like to charge high prices!
    Regarding breakages, you pay your money, you take your chance.
    Imo most breakages with fishing rods are down to clumsy anglers.

What I haven't got angling wise but really want is a nice fast flowing river, with a healthy head of barbel, chub and massive roach with the odd large pike and occasional trout and grayling. No bream or bleak exist in this river and only I know how to get there, which is very convenient as it's only a five minute drive from my house. That what I haven't got!!

Jim Jim haven't you heard of Google!!!

Where is Jim Crosskey today?

A boat. I could then get to those hard to reach swims on the river, wouldn’t have to buy a club ticket, think how much I’d save!

I would rather like one like the one my last employer had, think that might negate the savings in club subscriptions though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast