John Wilson - sad news

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
This is really sad news and something I had hoped not to hear at least for a few more years yet.

R.I.P. John, and thank you so much for many hours of entertaining fishing programmes.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Blimey, that's a shame!
He was the only celebrity angler I ever really wanted to meet.

Reaction score
Sad,sad day for angling,RIP John Wilson.

mikench

Reaction score
Very sad and he was selling up over there to return to the uk to be closer to his grandkids! It was destined not to happen! Rip John Wilson

caelan

Reaction score
That has been very hard to take in the passing of john wilson he was a true fishing man he will be missed

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Many years ago he spent a age on the telephone helping me chose a rod from his range. Never applied any pressure to buy and offered to take it back if it didn't suit. For me a great guy and fantastic fisherman who left his mark on our sport.

A very sad day.

Rest in peace, John Wilson....

seth49

Reaction score
That’s a shame, always enjoyed his programs.
RIP John Wilson.

Keith M

Reaction score
There are two threads marking Johns passing, maybe they could both be joined into one single thread?

ian g

Reaction score
Sad news , I really enjoyed his Go Fishing show, his enthusiasm was infectious RIP John and condolences to your family and friends.

steviebearuk

Reaction score
Met him many times at angling shows. A really true gent. At least we have many shows to
hear that infectious laugh.
R.I.P John

iain t

Reaction score
Only just finished reading one of his course fishing book of which i have many of his. Then i log on here to find he's passed away. The way he wrote and presented his Videos, no one, in my opinion, has come near. In the 40 odd years, i think he was more responsible for bringing people into the sport. He showed us that you don't need any fancy rigs to catch a fish be it big or small. I will miss that contagious laugh even when things went balls up.
A sad day for fishing worldwide. RIP

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
A real pity .

Never met him would have liked to but alas not possible now always a fan of his programs and videos a Brilliant angler but a comic to go with it

R I P John ..

PG ...

terry m

Reaction score
Just seen this after working in Bangalore this week. Not my favourite character, mainly because I always felt that the laughing was a little contrived. However cannot deny his angling skills and his Go Fishing series back in the 70’s was ground breaking stuff at a time when angling barely featured on the box.

RIP,there will not be another like him!,