Landing net handles with a tipping section.

Battered both sides

Reaction score
Hi all, about 10 years ago I bought a Korum 3 metre take apart match carp landing net handle. A feature of this handle was that the last foot or so of the handle at the net end could be pulled off. The reason for this being that you could do this, transfer your carp into your keepnet but without 3 metres of handle sticking up in the air.

Another handy feature I found with this was that on a pleasure trip when not using a keepnet was that you could quickly weigh your fish without removing it from the net.

Anyway I was sat on my seat box packing up a few trips ago & dropped the aforementioned section into the lake. Not a problem I thought, I'll just buy another handle.

Wrong! Seems none of the current tackle manufactures make this type of handle anymore.
I've been back with a rake twice now & can't retrieve the flipping thing so my question is does anyone have one of these gathering dust in the garage or know where I can get one from?

Many thanks, oh I'm in the Norwich area if that helps.

Keith M

Reaction score
Last edited:

Battered both sides

Reaction score
Gentleman, that's brilliant, just the info I was after. I'll look into both the Tricast & Drennan versions & go from there. Many thanks.

iain t

Reaction score
Middy bagging machine 3 meter is the same but a lot cheaper than those already mentioned. Very strong but lightweight too.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I have a Middy bagging machine handle that will go to 4.5 metres, the short removable length that the net is attached to is liable to stick and is hard to take apart, At the moment it is confined to a corner of my tackle shed,My main handles are a Daiwa Tournament (thanks @Mikench), A 3 metre team Daiwa,and a 4 metre Maver, Another way to use net to put fish in keepnet is to use a quick release adaptor. Personally I just take the first section of the handle and net off, hold length of handle near net and tip put fish in keepnet, never had any problems,

dave m

Reaction score
I would suggest just getting a prologic quick release connector.
I use one on my barbel net and it allows quick and easy breakdown for travel and taking a fish to the unhooking mat, and also weighing fish in the pan net.

20160820_150810.jpg 20160820_150705.jpg

Keith M

Reaction score
Although I may have been very unlucky; I had one of those quick release connectors (I don’t know if it was a Pro-Logic one or not) and mine seized up after a fairly short time and didn’t release at all, so I binned it in the end.
I actually bought two connectors at different times; a black one and a silver one (which siezed up); and I gave the black one to my son because I just lost faith in them.

The Drennan landing net poles with a short 30cm section that come away from the rest of the Pole with a quick twist are brilliant and well worth having if you are looking to buy a new net pole.
They don’t seem to come apart accidentally either and I’ve used it for both Barbel and double figure Carp for a few years now and found it excellent.

They make it very easy to disconnect from the main pole and carry a fish in the landing net to an unhooking mat without having your landing net pole getting in the way.

Keith

Last edited:

Battered both sides

Reaction score
Ladies, your response has been terrific thank you. I've just ordered a Drennan series 7 mega carp net pole. Nothing against the Tricast or Middy versions just that the tacke shop I use is a Drennan agent so just easier. Thanks so much for the advice, really appreciated.