Possible bait at Sainsburys

xenon

Reaction score
don't know about fishing with that, but I can tell you for nothing that there is no way on God's earth that is passing my lips.

Reaction score
Looks quite tasty...

In the jungle...

Philip

Reaction score
I recon its just a plan to avoid them paying out for any bug infestations they might get in a store. ...its stock, not vermin...

Bet the next thing they release is rat pie. :)

Keith M

Reaction score
They look perfect for suspending off the bottom or on the surface.

I doubt very much if I would eat them myself though :puke:

Keith

nottskev

Reaction score
There's going to be a lot of insects on the menu in the future.

Crickets are twice as efficient in converting feed to meat as chicken, at least four times more efficient than pigs, and 12 times more efficient than cattle. It's estimated that up to 80 percent
of a cricket is edible and digestible compared with 55 percent for chicken and pigs and
40 percent for cattle. With more of us and pressure on resources, this type of calculation will only get more important.

At the moment, they're working on processing insects into things that don't look like insects (think burgers, for instance) to offset the YEUK! reaction. In tests, people eating insects report that they taste fine but are a bit put off by the appearance.

mikench

Reaction score
In terms of appearances crickets and locusts are not dissimilar to prawns, shrimp and langoustine!

Mussels and oysters are not exactly appetising to look at but delicious to eat! We will adapt!!

Philip

Reaction score
Brits eating bugs ? ...Nah, its just not cricket

...I'll get me coat.
:eek:mg: