Help pole bungs

steviebearuk

Reaction score
I have bought a Daiwa 5.5m extreme margin pole. I also got a spare power top two. When I came to elasticate it with a preston puller bung the bung was to big. The big end of the number two section is 15mm. Are all the puller bung from different companies all the same size or is somone elsies smaller. Am i looking at just using a winder bung. Also both top kits don't have a extra wrap on them so side pullers seem to be out. Both top kits are rated to number 20 but never seen them so thin. Many thanks steve.

bracket

Reaction score
Side Pulla Systems.

Hello Steve. I have copied above a FM thread you may find interesting. I have recently converted all my pole top two's to side puller. For my Diawa poles it was straightforward, as the thread describes. My Maver poles needed a reinforcement sleeve which is not commercially available so I utilised old pole sections and made some up then araldited them on and fitted the vespe adaptors. Worked a treat. I have just checked my Diawa top two bottom end diameter and it is 19.5mm with the vespe sleeve fitted at around 16.5mm, about 18 inch from the end, so just outside your requirements. You could make a sleeve, as I did, or if you don't want to tackle that there are several firms on the net that will put on a carbon wrap at what ever position you want for around £10 a pole. Hope this helps. Pete

Last edited:

daniel121

Reaction score
Either I'm going to say something really stupid or I've just simplified the problem. Cut the bungs back to size?

steviebearuk

Reaction score
many thanks for your replies all. The problem is seth49 is when I put the blue cone of the puller to the pole section it is not on the ribbed part, it is on the solid part at the bottom. the one is used was a preston one just wondering if anybody else made on a little narrower.?

seth49

Reaction score
Probably best to take it to the tackle shop were you bought it, they should be able to help you fit the correct one.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
A winder bung is no good with hollow elastics I have found, either cut puller bung to size, there are a few brands on the market, Maver do a good one, or have overwrap and side puller fitted. Personally I would use a winder bung<again there are various brands on the market and use solid elastic, Just because pole is rated to 20 elastics,it does not mean you have to use 20 elastic.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
many thanks for your replies all. The problem is seth49 is when I put the blue cone of the puller to the pole section it is not on the ribbed part, it is on the solid part at the bottom. the one is used was a preston one just wondering if anybody else made on a little narrower.?

Ditch the number one section, and buy an extra number 3 or 4 and elasticate that and the number 2 section, you will more than likely find the puller bung sits part way up the larger section, A lot of people do this with the original Daiwa Yank n Bank margin pole, the number one section is very narrow for large elastics, You are looking for combined length of around 6' or just over for the 2 sections.

John Keane

Reaction score
I’ve got that Daiwa 5.5m margin pole. The 1 & 2 sections are quite long but the sections below them are short, less than 1m each. I got a wrap and a side puller fitted to mine as I can’t stand Pulla Bungs.

steviebearuk

Reaction score
Just wondering where you got yours done. I am from warrington. don't know anybody who does these.
regards

John Keane

Reaction score
Just wondering where you got yours done. I am from warrington. don't know anybody who does these.
regards

Ask around your local tackle shops. Bloke called Danny Sixsmith from Wigan has a proper oven for blanks and puts wraps on for lots of tackle dealers. Alternatively ask markcw as he’s from Warrington.