Posting a photo: pixel limitation

mikench

Reaction score
I'm not the only one affected! I believe Peter Crabtree and Nottskev, to name but two, are in the same boat! It's very frustrating !

I have just tried with an arbitrary photo which apparently exceeds my quota by 156 kb!! We have now come full circle! What is my quota and is it an annual or lifetime one? How can one refresh the quota? Is there life on mars! Are penguins colour blind!!!

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
When you say you tried with an arbitary photo that supposedly exceeds your 156kb quota do you mean it worked or it didnt work ?

If it worked today then that would indicate what I previously said that its not consistant is changing daily and would suggest a bug or config error in website software.

PS as Peguins are black & white & live somewhere thats all white I dont think it makes any difference.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
PS as Peguins are black & white & live somewhere thats all white I dont think it makes any difference.

Ok then Philip, try posting loads of pictures yourself.
You’ll soon reach your limit.
Penguins will still be black and white though....

Philip

Reaction score
Depends what you mean by "loads" ...at a guess I probably post more photos than 95% of the members of FM.

Dont get me wrong, I am not saying there is no problem.

I have also made some suggestions as to a way to post photos without having to use a third party hosting site in the middle.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
Philip it didn't work! I would hardly be repeating my questions and writing comments of exaspertaion if it had! I cannot post another photo unless it's resolution was less than 156 Kb!

I can and do use postimage!

Philip

Reaction score
For what its worth I noticed that if you upload a photo to a FM Album it indicates there is a storage limit. On my account its 19.07MB

More importantly I then did a test of posting a image direct to a post, i.e I did not upload it to a FM album first. My the posted image used some of the allocated disk space.

I have not tried through a 3rd party image hosting service but I would imagine the same principle would apply.