Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Posting a photo: pixel limitation

It appears I have exceeded my allowance for photos in my posts! Not only did I not know such an allowance existed but that it was not per post, per thread or even per annum but per lifetime!!

Could one of the mods please clarify the position and tell me what the solution is! It seems perverse to me to have , at long last , a sensible method of posting pics, only to find I can no longer use it!

What can I and others in a similar position do other than use an external hosting site like post images?

Default Re: Posting a photo: pixel limitation

I had no idea there was a limit. Perhaps one is supposed to empty the photos on ones account somehow after a period of time?

What I have noticed is that photos on some of the older posts just disappear when the poster person has used an external hosting site. There seems to be a time limit?

The person who might know best , who seems to post a photo very frequently is PC, if he reads this thread.

I'd like to know what's happening, too. Yesterday evening I was told a 4th picture exceeded my quota; this morning, I was able to post a first pic, but not a second. So it's not a "lifetime" quota? But it does vary from day to day? Can someone clarify this - I'm not sure I'll want to bother writing up a session if I'm likely to find I can't put up the pics that complement the words.

One photo a day it will have to be then.

Blog Entries

Let me try --Posting a photo: pixel limitation-img_4417.jpg
    Here's the Salmon from the river Don.
    Result !!!

Using post image..

Open your reply box on FM and write your introduction then minimise the page.

Open the post image page.

Click on the ‘choose image’ box.

It will turn blue and this choice of options appears..

Click on photo library.

Now your pictures stored on your computer will appear. Click on the required picture and a blue tick will appear on it. Now click done at the top.
    The picture will be uploaded and below will be a choice of options.

2nd to bottom is ‘ hotlink for forums’. Click on the blue box on the right of it.
    Your pic is now copied.

Minimise the page and reopen your fm reply box and paste the code onto it.
    Now click ‘ preview post’ and check if the pic is there in your post, it should be.
    To paste another pic in the same reply, minimise the fm page and reopen post image, repeat the process, on post image it prompts you to ‘ upload another image’ , click that and off you go again.

Use this thread to experiment and I will try to help if you have problems..

Thanks for that! I once wrote similar instructions, for an older version, for another poster, but I've used several methods since then and I'd completely forgotten what to do.

Mods is there a lifetime limit on the number/ amount of memory each member has for posting photos?

What is the answer to my question please?

Blog Entries

I know it’s not strictly needed if you are a PostImage or Photobucket user but incase you are not: I think the max size that is often recommended for forum pictures generally is around 620 x 280 pixels.

Here’s a free online picture resizer that you can use to resize your photos (on your iPad or PC etc. or from a URL) if you need to resize a pic before adding it to a forum; although some forums will automatically resize your images before inserting them anyway.
    You can also add various special effects and borders to your picture as well.
    (NB: It creates a separate resized picture file and leaves the original picture file alone.)

Picresize:Free Online Picture Resizer - Crop and Resize photos, images, or pictures online for FREE

Keith
    Last edited by Keith M; 17-12-2018 at 19:02.
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast