gizmo hook tyer

sis the roach

Reaction score
bought the light zt don't think its for me well made and every thing but far too fidldy for me will have to tye my hooks by hand still which I have been doing since 1968 I was struggling a bit with my fingers so I bought one to see if it would help me

Keith M

Reaction score
You might be better off buying a simple Matchman hook tyer for just a couple of pounds. I’ve used them to tie my spade end hooks for many years without any problems.

Just make sure you don’t overlap any turns and wet the line with a little spit before tightening up the knot.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QEr-DHzX_u8

Or buy your hooks ready tied as they are a little more reliably tied nowerdays than they used to be back in 68.
Plus you’ll know that all your hooklengths will be the same length.

Keith

Last edited:

sis the roach

Reaction score
thanks will try one that is one of the problems with the gizmo its easy to overlap the turns

mikench

Reaction score
I open the pack, take out a hook, blow on the coils and attach it to my feeder, line or quick change bead! Simples!

The gizmo looks far too slow and complicated! It will take a lifetime of hook making to get your money back! Shame but not for me!

sam vimes

Reaction score
The gizmo looks far too slow and complicated! It will take a lifetime of hook making to get your money back! Shame but not for me!

I very much doubt that there will be many that buy the Gizmo tiers with any thought of recouping money saved over buying pre-tied hooks. The vast majority buying any kind of hook tier are doing so with ultimate flexibilty and control in mind. They don't want to be stuck with certain patterns of hooks being tied to certain brands, and breaking strains, of line. They also want to be able to blame no one but themselves should knots fail.

maverick54

Reaction score
Or with a few basic tools and a few scraps of wood you could make something. I use this with a desk mounted magnifier to help me tie my own hooks.

IMG_20181201_092106726.jpg

IMG_20181201_092045877.jpg