Moving Threads.

stripey

Reaction score
Can someone please explain why my Thread [Ads on this forum] has been moved, and where has it been moved to?

mikench

Reaction score
How I love the potential ambiguity of our language! I thought you were about to tell us all about threads which moved you to tears!!:rolleyes:

nottskev

Reaction score
How I love the potential ambiguity of our language! I thought you were about to tell us all about threads which moved you to tears!!:rolleyes:

It's because the same word can function in different grammatical categories. "Moving" can be adjectival - "moving story" - or verb participle - "moving house". A word like "round" can work in 4 ways: adjective "round body; noun "seconds away, round 3"; verb "round off the edges with a file; adverb; "going round in circles".

john step

Reaction score
It's because the same word can function in different grammatical categories. "Moving" can be adjectival - "moving story" - or verb participle - "moving house". A word like "round" can work in 4 ways: adjective "round body; noun "seconds away, round 3"; verb "round off the edges with a file; adverb; "going round in circles".

OK Kev, you have moved me to go and have a lie down after that:wh

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I think the reason stripey thought his thread had disappeared is due to clicking 'new posts'.
If you click 'today's posts' you see all the threads including those you've read.
If you click 'new posts' threads disappear until someone adds a new reply, giving the impression the thread has vanished or been moved elsewhere...

It has been said before by me and S63 that if you're using an iPad or iPhone you can go ad free by going to settings> Safari> advanced> turn off JavaScript.
You just need to remember to turn it back on when you visit some sites, eBay for example will not function without it.