Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Moving Threads.

Default Moving Threads.

Can someone please explain why my Thread [Ads on this forum] has been moved, and where has it been moved to?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Moving Threads.

As far as I can tell it is still there.

Only Admin or moderators can move or merge threads.
    Last edited by Peter Jacobs; 17-12-2018 at 13:51.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

It's still there?

How I love the potential ambiguity of our language! I thought you were about to tell us all about threads which moved you to tears!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    How I love the potential ambiguity of our language! I thought you were about to tell us all about threads which moved you to tears!!
    It's because the same word can function in different grammatical categories. "Moving" can be adjectival - "moving story" - or verb participle - "moving house". A word like "round" can work in 4 ways: adjective "round body; noun "seconds away, round 3"; verb "round off the edges with a file; adverb; "going round in circles".

Quote Originally Posted by nottskev View Post
    It's because the same word can function in different grammatical categories. "Moving" can be adjectival - "moving story" - or verb participle - "moving house". A word like "round" can work in 4 ways: adjective "round body; noun "seconds away, round 3"; verb "round off the edges with a file; adverb; "going round in circles".
    OK Kev, you have moved me to go and have a lie down after that

Quote Originally Posted by john step View Post
    OK Kev, you have moved me to go and have a lie down after that
    A lot of people start yawning at this point, for some reason

I think the reason stripey thought his thread had disappeared is due to clicking 'new posts'.
    If you click 'today's posts' you see all the threads including those you've read.
    If you click 'new posts' threads disappear until someone adds a new reply, giving the impression the thread has vanished or been moved elsewhere...

It has been said before by me and S63 that if you're using an iPad or iPhone you can go ad free by going to settings> Safari> advanced> turn off JavaScript.
    You just need to remember to turn it back on when you visit some sites, eBay for example will not function without it.