Fishing line disposal address.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
After reading the thread in the features department I googled the company because there was no link and I have a load of old line I stripped off some old reels. I used their "find a location near you" and I don't have one within 5 miles. I looked for the address to send the line too and couldn't find it on their website so I emailed them. They responded straight away and the address is:-

Tools n tackle.
11 Bridge Street
Newhaven
Bn9 9ph

I posted here because more people might see it. Its a good idea really, they recycle all the old line instead of it ending up on landfill. May I suggest asking your tackle shops to join the scheme because then you can just give it to them. Save your old throw away line up in a carrier bag and when its bulky enough give it to these people by post or via your local tackle shop if they are in the scheme. Thanks.

here's a link to their website ANLRS | Anglers National Line Recycling Scheme

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if they re cycle all the old sensor into pro gold.....maybe thats why pro gold is thought of as being a good line, the remnents of sensor :thumbs:.

davebhoy

Reaction score
Thanks for that, I was wondering the same thing myself

Any chance we could have this as a sticky?

bracket

Reaction score
I wonder if they re cycle all the old sensor into pro gold.....maybe thats why pro gold is thought of as being a good line, the remnents of sensor :thumbs:.

Tigger! Behave your self. Pete

wetthrough

Reaction score
On a 100M spool there's nearly nine times as much plastic in the spool as in the line for 4.4lb float fish. Is it really worth doing?

iain t

Reaction score
As this is quite a new idea it will take a while to roll out everywhere. Just a thought, an average 4000 sized reel holds about 300 plus meters of mono but only about 75 to 100 meters are used. Doesn't anyone else reuse the other 300 meters or so left?.
I mainly use 3 and 4lb as a mainline. and at the end of the season, i use the left over to make hook links. Been doing this for years even with heavier line. Never had any problems using a line for this.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I live in a coastal town and I have frequently seen seagulls with half a leg hanging off with fishing line wrapped round it. I don't like them much but its not a pretty sight and its all fuel for the anti brigade. Whether they pick it up off landfill or the beach I wouldn't know but I am happy to save my old unwanted line up and send it to these people now and then; its going to cost a second class stamp maybe but I am not bothered about that. How much good the scheme will do or whether it will be a success I wouldn't know either but I am prepared to give it a go, nothing to lose really.
I see lots of old fishing line lying around on the beach and I imagine some must end up on landfill and it is a real menace in many ways so any effort to reduce it cant be bad.

Last edited: