Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Tackle shop thefts.

I went to my local shop yesterday to pick up 5lbs of maggot,when I went in Les ,the owner told me that on Monday night thieves had got in and stole around £20,000 of stock,the shop is based in a small retail emporium and is locked,as is access to the site,the police said that in all likelihood the shop was robbed by a Romanian gang and was on the boat back to the continent before he had come in on Tuesday morning,Les had said that four eastern European guys had come in Monday morning,to which the police said that 4/5 Romanians from Corby are casing t/shops for certain goods and then tell the actual thieves where alarms,cctv ect is,they only pinch Drennan,Guru,Korda,Wychwood type gear because these companies refuse to deal with the corruption five country,so tackle is 3/5 times the price there...
    Last edited by whitty; 23-12-2018 at 08:30.

Default Re: Tackle shop thefts.

Went in there today Whitty, thankfully he was insured and seems to be pretty much back to normal. He said his suppliers were amazing and sorted him out very quickly. The ba****ds knew what they wanted, ignoring other stuff including the till that most thieves would nick. They did however take the CCTV!

It was reported in Anglers Mail this week! The thieves knew exactly what they wanted and took it! Freedom of movement of people and goods is not always beneficial!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barrie Hicks 2 View Post
    Went in there today Whitty, thankfully he was insured and seems to be pretty much back to normal. He said his suppliers were amazing and sorted him out very quickly. The ba****ds knew what they wanted, ignoring other stuff including the till that most thieves would nick. They did however take the CCTV!
    And the hard drive...they did however miss the okuma Sheffield sitting above the counter,apparently when they kicked the door in it was enough to make the reel fall into a bin full of paper rubbish,so they didn't notice it...

Blog Entries

Certainly the freedom of movement that is currently available Mike,but business likes it,for the average Joe it is a failure...

Anyone who thieves be it from a tackle shop or anywhere else is the lowest or the low in my eyes and the ba******s need stringing up.

At my local tackle shop a few weeks ago the guys were unpacking a consignment of new rods and other tackle and one of them commented that everything smelled of weed. Someone else said that it wasn't the first time. The consensus was that someone had been using the cover of the shipment to import illegal substances...

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    Certainly the freedom of movement that is currently available Mike,but business likes it,for the average Joe it is a failure...
    Your opinion only, of course.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by davebhoy View Post
    Your opinion only, of course.
    Yes and quite a few others I think...

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    Yes and quite a few others I think...
    no doubt, it would be a very strange world if that wasn't the case

anyway, fishing forum and all that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast