Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Shaving off the ounces

Quote Originally Posted by flightliner View Post
    Philip-- what you have would seem To be what I'm looking for. Pity they arnt made anymore as I would check them out.
    Maybe a look on e bay might turn up a decent second hand one or another similar product.
    At the time I was looking there was not a lot of cameras that had both the infra red remote and the swivel screen , I seem to recall it boiled down to the Pentax or a Canon but the Canon was bigger.

The Pentax has its faults, the user interface is awful and its only 7mega pixals but still does the job well enough for me anyway but I imagine there will be better available now.

On that front one thing to consider, there seems to be quite a few modern cameras with flip screens available…some of these I would imagine will come with a facility to take Selfies…for example the camera will take a que from you to release the shutter..for example it will recognize a gesture or facial expression to take the picture. This would do away with the need for an infra red remote and enable truly hands free operation.

Anyway something to think about.

I'm by no means a specimen hunter, but a gadget I came across and now really love is a quick release landing net adaptor, (mine is a 7 quid Korum one) this makes weighing a fish while it's in the landing net a very quick process, I know my net minus handle and fish weighs 11 oz wet, so can whip the handle off and quickly weigh a fish, then get it back home quickly.

Does any one know how much the JRC Stealth X Lo chair weighs please?

The JRC site mentions the dimensions but not the weight.

JRC(R) Stealth X-Lite Chair | JRC(R)

According to this it’s 3 kg.

Flightliner, instead of a DSLR it might be better to consider a bridge camera. I recently bought a Canon SX510 HS from a CEX shop for £85 secondhand. It is very small, light and takes very good pictures. Image stabilisation is good, has a 30x zoom, Auto and PASM, etc. Spare batteries cheap on EBay.

If you want to spend more I also have an Olympus Stylus 1s which takes superb photos and is unusual in that it has a fixed aperture across the full zoom range. Too good a camera for me to take fishing.

My daughter bought me a Korum Aeronium chair made from alloy! It weights 2.4 kg and appears comfortable! It's certainly the lightest chair on the market! It also attaches to my Korum ruck bag! Look it up !

Thanks for the weigths of the stealth chair and the Korum Aeronium chair, I'll look out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by keora View Post
    Does any one know how much the JRC Stealth X Lo chair weighs please?

The JRC site mentions the dimensions but not the weight.
    I just weighed mine...6lb 12oz ...including mud..

The secret to cutting down weight is to buy a small rucksack on only carry what you fit in it. I've not weighed a fish for years or taken a picture I just don't feel the need. I can second the JRC chair much better than sitting on an unhooking mat.

Quote Originally Posted by seth49 View Post
    JRC(R) Stealth X-Lite Chair | JRC(R)

According to this it’s 3 kg.
    I have one. They are light alright but quite small if you are on the large size.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12