new accessory chair advice

garyst

Reaction score
Sorry to confuse things, the original Korum chairs had square legs, the new ones have round legs, so if you get the new chair you will just need the ones to fit round legs.
They are a very good chair, really like mine. The barrow conversion is very useful too.

thanks seth.
so i would buy this one:
https://www.korum.co.uk/products/chairs-barrows/any-chair-rod-rest-arm-xl
as opposed to this one:
https://www.korum.co.uk/products/chairs-barrows/speed-fit-telescopic-feeder-arm

mikench

Reaction score
No! You would buy the second one ie the speed variant! This fits the accessory chair! Also the bit that attaches to the chair as with mine will hold a table, a groundbait bowl, the telescopic feeder arm and a rod rest arm! I have the rod rest arm in use most of the time. I also have another speed fit attachment on the rear leg for a longer Korum rod rest arm! I can then rest the rod further back when changing feeders or floats etc!

Here's a pic

You can see the table and rear rest. I also have a matrix attachment on the left rear leg for a brolly. You would only buy the fits any chair bits if you DID NOT buy a Korum chair! If you buy the chair then just buy Korum or Preston accessories!

Last edited:

garyst

Reaction score
Thanks Mikench,
When you buy the speed fit actual item does each one come with the speed fit bracket or do you buy one for each attachment you purchase.

garyst

Reaction score
I actually think I'm making progress here.
Sorry if I'm not grasping your points, I'm not generally dim but this was baffling me.
I'm going into AD today and see what there lead time is.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
I honestly cannot remember! The telescopic feeder arm doesn't but has its own bracket!

garyst

Reaction score
Thanks Mikench,
I went into AD today and understand more now than I did.
They didn't have the deluxe x25 only the standard version.
I wasn't impressed at all with the standard version, too lower back, the seat length was to short, there seemed to be back and forward movement in the stability.
On a much brighter note the chap said wait and see the deluxe version, much more substantial with 4" extra on the seat pad length.
The arms which were my only initial bug bear wasn't or doesn't seem an issue at.
So I'm now waiting on a call for one too come in then go try that.
I did try the fox X3 camo and with my wife in my ear I nearly bought it but the chap said don't buy it, wait, therea massive difference between the two korum x25s.
The width at 52cms won't be no different and I could possibly do with it being a bit wider but we'll see.

mikench

Reaction score
I have the ordinary chair with the trolley attachment! All my favourable comments relate to the ordinary chair! I didn't want the delux because of weight and I have no regrets! I am 6' and 14 stone plus:) and It suits me perfectly! I am sure you will be delighted with either!

I tried both and found the comfort levels on that basis to be the same! Read my comments in my first response about "roadtests"!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I had the Deluxe and recently sold it, like Mike I also found it too heavy and cumbersome, I’m also a fan of arm rests which it didn’t have.

I just picked up a bargain on Ebay getting a brand new X25 for £63, used it for the first time on the river a couple of days ago, it suits me perfectly.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
I had a korum accesory chair but was too heavy so i bought a jrc x lite and I bought some korum any chair adapters one for a but rest and other for a front feeder arm . Can't remember what arm I got now but i found better if rest on something . When you move the tip moves a tad but you say there is timbers on front of the swim ? Sounds like there made for the job .

So in theory could use any chair just with the any chair adapters .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

garyst

Reaction score
I had a korum accesory chair but was too heavy so i bought a jrc x lite and I bought some korum any chair adapters one for a but rest and other for a front feeder arm . Can't remember what arm I got now but i found better if rest on something . When you move the tip moves a tad but you say there is timbers on front of the swim ? Sounds like there made for the job .

So in theory could use any chair just with the any chair adapters .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

thanks matt, i going to wait till the korum deluxe comes into AD and try it, if not then i'll need to go with your option.