new accessory chair advice

garyst

Reaction score
ive been away from fishing for around 20 years and have been back fishing for around 4 months.
my old carp fishing type chair is just to relaxed and i sit on the edge either holding the rod or sit back a bit using the rod rests but its very uncomfy, my trusty old shakespeare seat box is more comfortable and i fish better using that but its far from ideal.
im 57 a 6 foot 2 and up to 18 stone, bad knees, back and neck.
i read most of the chair threads on here and the korum delux seems to be the favoured chair but it has arms which i really dont think i will like and the general opinion seems to favour no arms but favours the korum delux, which kinda contradicts, this maybe because there was a version of the delux that was armless but ive read that many threads its driving me mad.
my fishing will be mainly, at least for the next year, easy ish commercial carp waters like ie barford lakes.
i use mainly waggler pellet type fishing tactics or feeder rod.
on a few occasions ive used a second rod on the buzzer but only if the fishing is very slow going.
lots of waters have platforms or sleeper fronts, which is very nice and flat but the rod rest situation is a pain, i currently use a extra long rod front rest into the water with an gardener tripod as back rest (i know fishings moved on since there day).
i get by but its all very slap dash and make do.
i would ideally like a chair setup that accomodates a brolly,a table and left and right rods (for the odd occasion).
i wont be getting into pole fishing or match fishing.
i have briefly considered a seat box but thats seems a bigger minefield and a decent accessory chair.

the chairs im considering are as follows:
korum x25 delux (contradiction as i dont think i want arms.

a second hand korum delux armless some seem to come with feeder arm, tray, brolly holder and a back rest for between £90 and £120, these all have to be posted as there too far away to collect and obviously i wont be able to test drive them.
were the older korum delux armless as good as the newer x25 delux version.

somewhere down the pecking order are the kodex robo and the middy mx 100 feeder recliner chair and the preston monster or inception chair.

for those of you that have got this far and not lost the will to live, can i have your opinions please and if possible opions on attatchments, which brand and roughly what might it cost for what im hoping for by way of attatchments as i really dont understand what bits are needed and i got the impression they were going to cost around £200.
im not looking to spend more than £250 fully kitted out.
thanks for reading this.

seth49

Reaction score
I have the Korum x25 deluxe, the arms aren’t to long, I don’t find they get in the way, they are comfortable too, perhaps you could find a shop with one and try it.
Very pleased with mine.

garyst

Reaction score
thanks seth, arms seem a bit marmite really, ive never had a chair with them.
my concern is not the length but the height, most photos ive seen the rod, when on 2 rest, is lower than the arm, so your reaching over, i sort of like my rod level with the seat top when i have armless, maybe its a case of learning a different way.
EDIT: when i strike, i strke accross the body or away and it just seems like it would be very awkward over an arm but i can be convinced.

Last edited:

stillwater blue

Reaction score
When fishing one rod I found it easier to use a feeder arm and to rest the butt of the rod directly on my knee or the edge of the seat.

sam vimes

Reaction score
After quite a few years of using different types of Korum chair, I took a punt on the Browning King Feeder Chair in one of the Bobco bank holiday sales. The footplate and bag rarely see the light of day, but I'm very happy with the set up.

nicholaslukey

Reaction score
I got the Korum deluxe x25 and its fantastic, well padded and comfortable, no more backache for me. You can also get the barrow kit for it, which will alleviate its one main issue, its bloody heavy. Its fine if you can park near your swim, any major trek required you will need a porter.

The arms haven't been an issue for me, I think you can take them off, if its a problem.

mikench

Reaction score
I too have the Korum accessory chair and I can only repeat the favourable comments made by others ! I like the arms and they are only useful rather than getting in the way! I have the feeder arm but only use it on certain pegs and venues! I set up two rod rests and find picking up the rod from below arm rest level the easiest thing in the world!

It's not the the lightest but very comfortable and I have a temperamental back ! I now have two other chairs one being a Kodex full Monty with no arms and a new Korum aeronium lightweight chair which I have yet to use! If you get the Korum and don't like it keep it as a spare! What suits one person may not suit another but that's life!!!

In my opinion sitting in a chair for 10 minutes in a shop is not the same as lugging it to the bank, setting it down in mud on an uneven surface and then sitting on it for 8 hours or so on and off! This latter test has been passed with flying colours by the Korum!

Last edited:

garyst

Reaction score
thanks for all the replies guys.
they are as suspected, korum x25 deluxe.
on reading the direct korum site it seems some fitting dont fit the "korum accessory chair" but do fit the "korum x25" the latter i thought is the accessory chair, so this really isnt help me to load out the chair.
angling direct doesent seem to have any chairs nor many fittings in stock, is there an issue with korum or is this a xmas thing.
the any chair adapter states "Any Chair Adapter will not fit Korum Accessory Chairs"

the speed fit tele arm doesent say what it fits but the connection looks to be square.

the side tray looks to be a round fitting.
the ripple rest states "THIS PRODUCT IS NOT DESIGNED TO FIT SQUARE LEGGED KORUM ACCESSORY OR DELUXE ACCESSORY CHAIRS. IT IS COMPATIBLE WITH NEWER X25 MODELS"

the ANY CHAIR ROD REST ARM XL states
"THIS PRODUCT IS NOT DESIGNED TO FIT SQUARE LEGGED KORUM ACCESSORY OR DELUXE ACCESSORY CHAIRS. IT IS COMPATIBLE WITH NEWER X25 MODELS.

i realise im being a bit dim here but if i have to order online i dont want the wrong fittings, of course i can and would ring first.
id want the newer range of fittings assuming there better but if advised would use older ones.
can more than one attachment be used on the same leg ie brolly and table on the same chair leg.
ive had a rethink on the 2 rod, one left (buzzer) one right (feeder or float) im thinking the very occasional carp buzzer would be better independant of the chair, otherwise theyll be a mass of fittings that will be way to cluttered.
as you'll probably understand i way overthink stuff so would be guided if some said get A,B C and D and move on from there.
apoligies for being so long winded about this.
tia.

garyst

Reaction score
in the past i think i generally fished of rest but when waggler fishing i do fish off the knee now, that is sort of why the old carp type chair is so wrong for me as i edge sit all day, my seat box is way better than my current chair.
is the set up chair stable enough that when feeder fishing and making slight movements it doesent bounce the quiver tip, when using 2 rests.

Philip

Reaction score
Sorry I little off on a tangent I m a little perplexed why people want to attach their rods to their seats all the time. Ok solid banks aside some of these accessoiry chairs look an like being an utter pain to transport any distance you then need to screw it all together like a kids meccano set, unbolt it all at the end and end up sitting on something that looks like a crash landed Spudnik. :)

Whats wrong with a couple of rod rests to the side ?

garyst

Reaction score
Sorry I little off on a tangent I m a little perplexed why people want to attach their rods to their seats all the time. Ok solid banks aside some of these accessoiry chairs look an like being an utter pain to transport any distance you then need to screw it all together like a kids meccano set, unbolt it all at the end and end up sitting on something that looks like a crash landed Spudnik. :)

Whats wrong with a couple of rod rests to the side ?

i think your right in many ways but im getting older and less mobile, most of the waters ive fished have platforms, sleeper front boards or even some with concrete swims.
ive had my old gardener tripods for 30+ years and they work ok but are not the most stable of methods.
im just trying to get as comfortable as possible with everything at hand.
currently on these awkward bases i use 4 foot extendable rest in the water and a tripod on the back, i use my seat box on my left as a table with the two box side trays for bits and pieces for the day fishing, (i do also find the ground in the water at the front of the swims are often full of rocks or bricks, where they filled hardcore around the bank legs, i hate to cause to much disturbance before i start fishing)
half my trouble is i take far too much gear, at least one spare of everything.
i was considering new box with footplate but finding the right advice is hard and id end up in the £700+ area, which although i can afford i cant really justify spending that, im a bit too tight with myself.

mikench

Reaction score
Remember that Korum is part of Preston Innovations so their accessories fit! The Korum accessory chair has round legs and I had no difficulty fitting a large side table( Preston) and the attachments for rods and feeder arm! Any chair will cause a quiver tip to quiver if one moves so use two rod rests on the bank to avoid this!

I have never used a box and am unlikely to! They are too heavy imo!

seth49

Reaction score
I’ve converted all my original Korum chair attachments, from square to the round legs, you just change the inserts from square to round, these inserts aren’t expensive either.

garyst

Reaction score
I’ve converted all my original Korum chair attachments, from square to the round legs, you just change the inserts from square to round, these inserts aren’t expensive either.

would'nt i just buy round fittings, assuming the newer attachments are round, im guessing youve had your attachments for a while so had to convert them or are some still square and need converting.
from the korum site the bottom line is contradicting what im being told here and reading on other threads, or is this talking about older versions of the accessory chair.

ANY CHAIR ADAPTOR
The Korum Any Chair Adaptor enables anglers to use Korum accessories with virtually any chair! It's the perfect item to improve your chair - until you save up for a Korum one, of course!

Fits Chairs & Bedchairs with 25mm & 22mm Round or 25mm Square leg profiles
Fit Korum Chair Accessories on basic fishing chairs for the first time!
Adjustable to provide a level fitting at any angle or on uneven ground slopes
Use the 360º rotating pivot to level your side tray on angled chair legs
Can remain fitted to the chair for simplestorage & transport
Any Chair Adapter will not fit Korum Accessory Chairs.

Last edited:

garyst

Reaction score
They fit mine!

but you can see hopefully, where im getting bogged down in what fits and doesn't, a few of the accessories on the korum site state conflicting info to what is stated on this thread and others ive read and it seems there own info is not right.

mikench

Reaction score
I bought the fit any accessories for another chair and simply swapped them over! Pop into your local AD as I'm sure they will have a chair on display; mine does!

Their head office is in Norwich!!!

garyst

Reaction score
i live around 20 mile from ADs norwich shop but its there site that is showing virtually no stock of korum chair accessories and no x25 deluxe chairs.
ideally i wanted to try one out before buying, maybe i will wait till i can actually try one, xmas pressie money is burning a hole in my pocket though

seth49

Reaction score
Sorry to confuse things, the original Korum chairs had square legs, the new ones have round legs, so if you get the new chair you will just need the ones to fit round legs.
They are a very good chair, really like mine. The barrow conversion is very useful too.