Looking back

mikench

Reaction score
A great compilation of lovely photographs John! You caught some cracking fish particularly rudd!

Your last pic was most apt and made me smile!!

The only critique concerns the soundtrack! Something more serene and melodic would have served your great photos better !:)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A great compilation of lovely photographs John! You caught some cracking fish particularly rudd!

Your last pic was most apt and made me smile!!

The only critique concerns the soundtrack! Something more serene and melodic would have served your great photos better !:)

Thanks for the kind words Mike.

Like many I find myself increasingly spending more time looking at videos on YouTube, I have a few fishing related favourites including The River Piker, Alex and Carl, and our very own Fishlocker, not only are their videos educating but entertaining too.

Inspired also looking at the videos Neil1970 has contributed over time I thought I might have a dabble myself this year and on reading a review from Scuba Chris I purchased a cheapish GoPro clone for less than a ton and as if by some miracle the doorbell rang a few minutes ago with a nice box from Amazon arriving, only ordered it Friday!

ZNJkqj7.jpg

I’ve just downloaded some free video editing software apps and the above collection of snaps looking back at last year is my first attempt at cobbling something together. Totally agree about the music, I was unable to use anything from my ITunes library, cannot use due to licence restrictions so had to use one of the few samples available on the app. I can see I’m going to need to blow the dust off my pc to get at my music.

I’ve just watched the latest video from the River Piker, amazingly he used his drone to hover above him whilst filming his fishing, the background music he’s chose seems perfect for the video, I just wouldn’t know where to start looking for music like that.

YouTube

I’m pleased the tribute to Graham raised a smile, did you also spot a guest appearance from someone just over halfway?

Last edited:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I did! Binka looks well! Did you meet up with him John!!

Sadly not, that would be a wonderful day out. I’ve shamefully nicked his photo from FM, I hope he doesn’t mind.

mikench

Reaction score
He won't I'm sure! He is a great bloke and you would like him! He is also a great angler!!!

He must come back now if only to contradict me!!!:rolleyes:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Neil.

Coming from someone who has given me and other members much pleasure with your videos, it’s nice to return something.

If it’s not a five minute wonder, I plan to make some videos this year, it won’t be just lures I’m asking you about but lenses, editing etc too!