Wader sealant

Barrie Hicks 2

Reaction score
As a contractor undertaking tree work in and around water I use my waders for work rather than for fishing purposes. Unfortunately this means that they tend to get a lot of tiny holes from thorns, brambles, etc. Repairing large holes is simple enough but with the amount and small size of the holes in my waders, they are difficult, if not impossible to locate. I was wondering if anybody knows of a product that can be used to spray or coat them to alleviate the leaks or of any other solution?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Seems a bit daft trying to repair them if you're going to continue wearing them for work. Why not buy another pair and use them for fishing only.

Barrie Hicks 2

Reaction score
Thats just it, I don't use them for fishing but they get such a battering when working, with so many tiny holes that I end up with wet feet. I was hoping there might be a cheap way of preserving their waterproofing because replacing them regularly is expensive.

dave m

Reaction score
As a contractor undertaking tree work in and around water I use my waders for work rather than for fishing purposes. Unfortunately this means that they tend to get a lot of tiny holes from thorns, brambles, etc. Repairing large holes is simple enough but with the amount and small size of the holes in my waders, they are difficult, if not impossible to locate. I was wondering if anybody knows of a product that can be used to spray or coat them to alleviate the leaks or of any other solution?

If you cant locate the holes then you must be using neoprene waders.
They are prone to getting tiny holes frm brambes and thorns or the seams come apart.
Get some decent vinyl ones and they easy to find and repair holes using mcnett seam grip.

John Keane

Reaction score
Always used Aquasure to repair waders, usually on the inside. It can be kept in the freezer between uses to preserve its viscosity.