back

Reaction score
Derek (Morespiders) called me yesterday. He still cannot get onto fishingmagic from any device.

He asked me to contact FM to help him get back on. He has been advised by a computer programmer that his profile is being blocked by CentOS for some reason. Until FM techies unblock him then he won’t be able to get on.

Derek wonders if some sort of algorithm is autmatically blacklisting him/his IP address because he humorously mentioned he had ‘been in prison’ (a joke, but an algorithm might not know that). Also, replies in this thread also mention ‘corruption’ - again tongue in cheek.

i had an employee who’s emails to suppliers in the USA where often blocked because her name is Gaynor....check out the first three letters...ooh what a crime.

can someone pass this on to the fm techies please. Derek would like to get back on fm to organise some fishing.

Matt

Last edited:

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Derek (Morespiders) called me yesterday. He still cannot get onto fishingmagic from any device.

He asked me to contact FM to help him get back on. He has been advised by a computer programmer that his profile is being blocked by CentOS for some reason. Until FM techies unblock him then he won’t be able to get on.

Derek wonders if some sort of algorithm is autmatically blacklisting him/his IP address because he humorously mentioned he had ‘been in prison’ (a joke, but an algorithm might not know that). Also, replies in this thread also mention ‘corruption’ - again tongue in cheek.

i had an employee who’s emails to suppliers in the USA where often blocked because her name is Gaynor....check out the first three letters...ooh what a crime.

can someone pass this on to the fm techies please. Derek would like to get back on fm to organise some fishing.

Matt

Oh no not another disreputable character. He’s the sort of bloke who would tie a length of fishing line to the bottom of a weigh sling and then stand on it when weighing his fish. Hence his world record bullhead of 7lb 8oz.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
So a PaSC fishing in July - better get a date set Spider - I've got a couple of busy days in July

I've not been FM f ages , I just got a bit bored with all the serious posts and everyone being serious

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome back ! You have been missed but we have had a good deal of silliness lately! According to Burkes peerage you're dead!!!:rolleyes:

Reaction score

Matt

Many thanks Matt,it was becoming a matter of serious concern...

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Oh no not another disreputable character. He’s the sort of bloke who would tie a length of fishing line to the bottom of a weigh sling and then stand on it when weighing his fish. Hence his world record bullhead of 7lb 8oz.

Not necessary. Derek invariably weighs his captures with the incredibly accurate Morespiders digital watch.Hence his pb perch of 17-15.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score

CentOS is an Open Source operating system that first appeared in 2004. It is still available in various versions. It was originally designed for even more ancient "clockwork" configurations and aimed at users who "need an enterprise class operating system stability without the cost of certification and support." .

Perhaps the FM Forum software automatically blocks access from such an OS?

It ain't Windows or anything like it. What is Del running on his steam powered, water cooled concoction?

:eek:mg:

barbelboi

Reaction score
I've got some old Windows 3.1 floppies I can send Del if he needs an upgrade......................

Reaction score
Del is currently fishing for big bream and tench on a new water with Uncle Dave. His been about 15 times and caught sweet FA. Dave has caught without even trying. Del's bait of choice is crumbled oxo cube in a pop sock...or after being in the water a few minutes...pop sock.