Highlights of your fishing in 2018?

JohnSLocker

Reaction score
What were your fishing highlights of 2018? New species? New PB? Red letter day?

Here are a few of my fishing highlights from 2018. Lets hope 2019 is as productive!!!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Love your videos John, some amazing fish too, this encourages me to spend a little less time on the lake this coming Summer and more time on the beach!

bullet

Reaction score
In no particular order...

18 inch Wild Brown on dry from my local river...

IMG_20180520_205715760.jpg

23 inch Bass on a surface lure in about 2 ft of water as the tide was flooding a shallow reef

IMG_20180716_174718237_HDR.jpg

Nice Jack Crevelle on a 28g Dexter, again over a shallow reef(on holiday!)

IMG_20171022_171752085.jpg

First River Wye trip and Barbel...

IMG_20180902_184628835.jpg

Last edited:

JohnSLocker

Reaction score
Love your videos John, some amazing fish too, this encourages me to spend a little less time on the lake this coming Summer and more time on the beach!
You should mix it up a bit mate. These are just the fish that made the final edit. The possibilities are endless. :D

JohnSLocker

Reaction score
Enjoyed that. Wish I lived near the sea.
I grew up in a seaside town and have always managed to find myself near the sea, for the brief period I spent living in a city inland I really did not enjoy it. So much so that I know I will never go back. I love the coast.

JohnSLocker

Reaction score
In no particular order...

18 inch Wild Brown on dry from my local river...

View attachment 6245

23 inch Bass on a surface lure in about 2 ft of water as the tide was flooding a small reef...

View attachment 6246

Nice Jack Crevelle on a 28g Dexter, again over a shallow reef(on holiday!)

View attachment 6247

First River Wye trip and Barbel...

View attachment 6248

Those are some cracking fish. Anyone would be very happy with any of those. I bet the Trevalle went like a missile!! I am a little envious of the barbel. I’ve never had a good one, only small stocked fish - which isn’t really a true representation of what a barbel is is it. Great stuff mate.

bullet

Reaction score
Cheers, John.
Yep, them Jacks are something else, got a lot of power and never seem to get tired!
Been enjoying your youtube vids.

JohnSLocker

Reaction score
Cheers, John.
Yep, them Jacks are something else, got a lot of power and never seem to get tired!
Been enjoying your youtube vids.
Thankyou, I hope they’ve been useful to you. I’ve had a few jacks on my travels. They really do go for it don’t they!!!

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Watching your shore fishing vid John. How do you tie your double hook rig when using mackerel strip and how far do you have between hooks. Do use half blood knots?

JohnSLocker

Reaction score
Watching your shore fishing vid John. How do you tie your double hook rig when using mackerel strip and how far do you have between hooks. Do use half blood knots?

The two hook float rig? I use a twisted boom blood loop if that makes sense? And usually only have a snood of a few inches. Depending on what I’m targeting I usually make it around 2-3ft long and space the dropper loop out accordingly. It can cause tangles if casting into the wind though. So sometimes it’s less hassle to just stick with one hook.