Tackle shops in Prague

Jim Murray

Reaction score
I'm over here for a few days with work; would anyone know if there's a decent shop at all? Coarse tackle preferred if there's a choice, otherwise anywhere that's got a good range of stuff. If it's as cheap as the beer here could save good bit of dough :)

mikench

Reaction score
Why would you think that there would be many or any British coarse anglers with an intimate knowledge of not only fishing tackle shops in Prague but the best! This is a rhetorical question as I wouldn't know the answer for Manchester! :rolleyes:

I've just had a thought! There is a member on here from Prague if I recall correctly ! He is called Tomino2112 so you could send him a pm!

Last edited:

Jim Murray

Reaction score
Why would you think that there would be many or any British coarse anglers with an intimate knowledge of not only fishing tackle shops in Prague but the best! This is a rhetorical question as I wouldn't know the answer for Manchester! :rolleyes:

We live in an age of mass transit and Prague is a major tourist destination.

Lots of Czech guys living in uk

I don't speak Czech and in my experience their English not so good so not much point posting on Czech forums

Have had success asking same question re other cities in the past.

Sorry can't think of any more reasons lol

mikench

Reaction score
I edited my post to be more constructive! Send a pm to Tomino2112 as I believe he is Czech ! He should be able to help!:)

Jim Murray

Reaction score
I edited my post to be more constructive! Send a pm to Tomino2112 as I believe he is Czech ! He should be able to help!:)

Yes I was going to add that to the list - carping is huge in Czech Republic so there has to be a big UK style shop somewhere; I'm flying back today but will return later in year and ask Tomino, thanks

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I only visited fly shops there - but they were very good and the prices were brilliant. I bought a folding trout landing net with extendable handle for £3 ! And as good or better than anything in the shops here. They had larger versions too for bigger fish - I wish now I'd bought one of each.