Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FAO - Forum owners - Forum Adverts

Hi,

Not certain this is the best place for this so please move it if necessary.

I've used this forum for quite a few years - I don't fish too much but love catching up on what other people are doing & certainly and get & use a lot of advice gained here to my benefit - people here are pretty helpful, and the reports are generally excellent.

On the HDYGO thread - probably my favourite - I've just had an ad between the post & the bar where the like button is - probably happened before but now I can see why I've missed liking some stuff - it's just to difficult.

I work in IT - I know why this is all done, but please can we have (it may already exist) a subscription or payment option as on most forums to remove the ads. I'd happily pay a reasonable sum but, without this, you are making this place very difficult to use and appreciate.

Hopefully there is an option that I've missed - please put a link up if so.

Many thanks!

2. Default Re: FAO - Forum owners - Forum Adverts

I use an Adblocker and see absolutely no adverts on this forum or any others that I use, they're simple to install too

Blog Entries

Default Re: FAO - Forum owners - Forum Adverts

Ditto nowt here either!
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again, IF THIS SITE GOES PAY PER VIEW for anything, they can ram it right up their arses. I along with, I suspect many, others will be offski. And MR Bailey I've been here since 1996 and one of the longest if not the longest member still on this site!
    Get an ad blocker then you wont have a problem will you.
    I'd have thought as somebody who "works in IT" you'd have known that???????
    Last edited by The bad one; 25-01-2019 at 20:58.

So do I on most of my devices.

That’s not really what the question was about. There’s a lot on here who don’t have the background or will todo that. And soon you will need to pay for a decent ad blocker.

Would rather there was a forum option.

Quote Originally Posted by The bad one View Post
    Ditto nowt here either!
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again, IF THIS SITE GOES PAY PER VIEW for anything, they can ram it right up their arses. I along with, I suspect many, others will be offski. And MR Bailey I've been here since 1996 and one of the longest if not the longest member still on this site!
    Get an ad blocker then you wont have a problem will you.
    I'd have thought as somebody who "works in IT" you'd have known that???????
    Nice one. Thank you for the constructive comments.

Blog Entries

I use both an Apple IPad (with Safari internet SW) and a MS Laptop to access this forum; and I’ve clicked on the small arrow head in the ‘welcome to FM’ box to stop displaying any ads down the right side of the screen; so all I get is the one single non obtrusive ad that is displayed between the main site header and the start of the threads, which doesn’t cause me any problems at all; so Im struggling to see why I would need to pay to remove this one single non obtrusive ad across the top?

Are you using a phone that uses different internet access display software or displays a much smaller area of the screen and making the single ad a lot more prominent? And If so what Internet display software are you using?

Keith
    Last edited by Keith M; 25-01-2019 at 21:56.
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

You still get the inter-post adverts (without the scroll) and the pinned advert at the bottom. (IE, Safari, Chrome)

Blog Entries

I’m not getting any inter-post adverts at all, or any pinned adverts along the bottom; and I’m not using any Ad blockers either.

Im only getting the one single ad at the top, immediately above the two small ‘Thanks/Likes’ & ‘Welcome to FM’ dialogue boxes.

Keith
    Last edited by Keith M; 25-01-2019 at 22:16.
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I don't mind the ads on the top or the side of the page. they have been there for a long time and easy enough to ignore and very occasionally I spot something I might be interested in.
    I started getting the big ad right in the middle of the thread about 3 months ago (usually travel)and found it irritating then it stopped for a while. It started coming back again about 2 weeks ago just now and then. I can live with it, I just scroll down past it but its still irritating and best if someone got it stopped.
    I dont know what an ad blocker is and I have enough **** on my computer as it is that I don't understand so I will just carry on. I doubt I would pay per view to use this forum, I would probably just switch to using a free one.
    Last edited by markg; 26-01-2019 at 06:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith M View Post
    I’m not getting any inter-post adverts at all, or any pinned adverts along the bottom; and I’m not using any Ad blockers either.

Im only getting the one single ad at the top, immediately above the two small ‘Thanks/Likes’ & ‘Welcome to FM’ dialogue boxes.

Keith
    Likewise Keith! I haven't bothered with an ad blocker for those reasons! The one location of ads as above does not concern me at all! There are so many sites, particularly newspaper sites, which are unuseable because of ads and as a result I don't use them!

I no longer watch ITV particularly live because of intrusive ads! Am I becoming more curmudgeonly and unique by not buying products whose ads I find annoying, over the top and intrusive!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast