New small bag

Tree123

Reaction score
After a new small bag for my perching and roaching.
I currently have a 42ltr esp on for my carping and im really happy with it but im sure it would work for my perching as it big too big.

Any one got any suggestions of a decent small bag?
Been looking at the saber compact rucksack. And teaming it up with one of the bucket seat carry all things for extra space

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
Have a look at NGT Tackle Direct under holdalls.
They do several smaller holdalls. I have one for my lure fishing stuff. Good quality too.

Last edited:

Steve Ruff

Reaction score
Aldi Fishing Sale Starts 30/01 .... They usually do a nice small fishing bag for about £ 10

Worth a look I would suggest.

This was their previous years offerings :
Aldi Fishing Event

Steve

Last edited:

Keith M

Reaction score
Aldi Fishing Sale Starts 30/01 .... They usually do a nice small fishing bag for about £ 10

Worth a look I would suggest.

This was their previous years offerings :
Aldi Fishing Event

Steve

I have three of Aldi’s £10.99 small fishing shoulder bags and they are well worth the money.

As Steve said they are getting their fishing stuff in at the end of this month.

Keith

Last edited:

keora

Reaction score
I bought the Korum Daysack two years ago. It's good, the four compartments on the outside are useful because three of them have see through mesh.

I've use it for full day sessions for chub, barbel, carp.

Korum ITM Daysack, Korum Bags | North East Tackle Supplies

I believe Drennan does a compact bag with just one shoulder strap rather than two.

Last edited:

seth49

Reaction score
Don’t know if aldi are doing the fishing bags this time, I picked a leaflet up on Friday and it only showed fishing clothing in there sale at the end of the month.

The neoprene wellies are worth a punt at £20. they might do another sale later.

mikench

Reaction score
The NGT bags, like most of their gear, is very good value for money and available all year round!

Reaction score
I use an Aldi bag for my pin trotting gear,excellent,had it a few years now and it's like new,so quality is good,actual fishing companies gear is at least 15 quid dearer,at least....

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I picked up one off Amazon for less than £13 in a nice camou pattern. It's not the finest quality I've seen, but not far short and for £13 it's cheap as chips.

Here's mince with a bit of tackle in it to give you an idea.

camou bag.jpg

Savage Island Compact Carp Course Fishing Tackle Bag Holdall Carryall Travel (Swamper): Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've had, and still have various bags, and after going through numerous versions of them, including waistcoats and belts with multiple pockets I bought an orvis sling.
I've found the sling to be far more comfortable and practical than any of the bags or waistcoats, I only wish i'd got one before wading through umpteen bags over several or more years in a quest to find out which best suited my fishing.

shane99

Reaction score
Korum ITM Daysack, Korum Bags | North East Tackle Supplies

+ 1 for this

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
I got the Saber compact rucksack 30l for my birthday in November, seen the bank a fair bit already and I have to say I really like it, good size in that I can get a small bait bucket in the middle bit, all the tackle I need in the front pocket and things like scales and a box of feeders in the side pockets, it's really comfortable to carry and then you also have some very useful straps on the top where you can carry a rolled up unhooking mat or rolled up spare clothing. It replaced a chub snooper bag which was brilliant but was a bit limiting when it came to items beyond what you needed for fishing (lunch etc)

mikench

Reaction score
I like Orvis stuff from fishing tackle to clothing! I have a vest ( why is a different matter:rolleyes:) and it's very well made and will carry everything you need. Mind you if you fall into deep water you will sink like a stone!:)