Gift voucher

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
To the dark side? Or out of the comfort zone? It's just another method, not a conversion!

A bit of pole fishing, and you'd definitely be adding to your take on how your rig works, how to be exact with depth, how you can induce bites, how the way your bait falls matters, how getting your hookbait right in your feed makes a difference............ Dismiss it at your peril :)
Kev, last year myself and Mike went on Dunham fisheries, he fished the feeder,I fished the pole from 6 metres to 14.5 metres. I could vary my depth to find where the fish were feeding. Mike stayed on the feeder. Guess who caught the most ?. Here is a clue... it wasn’t the one fishing the feeder. Buy a margin pole mike, you don’t have to spend stupid money on one. Or Daiwa do a 13 metre pole for £299, with spare top kits, Comes recommended,in fact I have mentioned it to a couple of anglers who bought one and are very happy with it, you don’t have to fish at full length,the option is there though.

mikench

Reaction score
Too kind Mark! I doubt I could cope with a 13m pole particularly one that weighs the same as a telegraph pole!

I will have a look!:)

wetthrough

Reaction score
If you go for a pole Mike don't forget to pick up some 10:14s shot while you're at it, and a magnifying glass...

mikench

Reaction score
Gordon I must spend the voucher at AD and I have never fancied a pole but don't need any rods or reels in truth! I will take my time and try and buy something which will be a memento of my old firm!