Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gift voucher

Default Gift voucher

So you are given a AD gift voucher for £250! What would you buy?

I doubt I will spend it on minor stuff like bait, feeders hooks and the like but on a big item!

I'm thinking of an Acolyte Plus in 13 or 14 ' or a Daiwa Tournament in the current sale or a Browning Sphere when the best offer comes along! I am happy to add to the cost if necessary!

I don't really need a reel so what would you buy in my position!

Default Re: Gift voucher

Nice gift, Mike! Get yourself something that will add to your repertoire (rather than duplicate what you have): a margin pole and cupping kit, for when your farmer friend fills that lake with tench and barbel.
    I know you'll say poles are cumbersome etc - but can most of the rest of us be so wrong?

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs

Same as what Kev says, don’t forget there is an AD at Hindley, there is a good selection of poles on display including margin poles. I will come with you if you are not sure on which to buy.

I’d agree with that too, a margin pole is a very handy piece of kit, wish I’d bought one years ago.

You are all very naughty trying to tempt me to the dark side!! I just do not see myself with a pole!

It looks too much like hard work!

You said it, Mike: it LOOKS like hard work. But it isn't, and often makes fishing beautifully easy. We're not talking 14m or 16m..... that's hard work. A decent pole at 7, 8, 9m is a piece of cake, and it only feels awkward to people who haven't spent a couple of hours getting used to it.

Besides... it will open up a whole new world of tackle acquisition

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs

Your new acquisitions could start off as a couple of pole rigs,that soon multiply into a 100 , plus spare floats ready to go on winders, This is just my personal experience. Using a pole is only as hard or difficult as you make it,whether it is 6 metres or 16 metres. Some people struggle with feeder fishing,trying to drop a feeder against an island,others can do it every cast, Its the same any form of fishing. It is what you make of it. Now go and buy a margin pole !!!!

If it's a new world of tackle acquisition you fancy, Mike, get yourself fluff-chucking:

Greys GRC Light Combo 9ft #5

Spend £40-50 on a good casting lesson and, to paraphrase GB , "squander he rest".

I'd get a Barrow, Bivvy & Buzzers and start doing some proper fishing

...that aside £250 I imagine would prob also get you a very good colletable pin as well if your so inclined & AD do em...
    Last edited by Philip; 28-01-2019 at 17:39.

Ooh decisions decisions!! I have carp rods( anagram of ****) which I do not use and remain unpersuaded by poles! Winders, pulla bungs, top kits and all the rest of the paraphernalia which I do not understand and which just sound too compliciated! I have sometimes watched anglers setting up and was glad I just used a simple rod and reel!

I have two pins, a Hardy and a Sheffield which I am happy with! I doubt I would use another save for fishing for piranhas in the Wigan area!

I am in no rush and remain open to suggestions!
    Last edited by mikench; 28-01-2019 at 17:49.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast