New jacket and B&B...

fishplate42

Reaction score
Having been told to lose weight by the doctor, I have had to buy a whole new lot of clothes. What did not occur to me was that none of my fishing gear would fit me now, either :(

I have just been down to Aldi to take advantage of their fishing gear 'Special Buy' promotion, that starts today. I bought a Jacket, B&B trousers and two 'structured' fleeces and spend just over £70! The Aldi stuff is great value for money and it has kept me dry in the past. The only reason for buying new was the old stuff is miles too big for me now having lost 6 inches off my waistline! The old stuff was tight when I first bought it.

They have all sorts of other stuff on special, but it tends to sell out quickly so if you are interested, get in quick. Their neoprene/rubber wellies at 19.99 a pair are excellent - I have had a pair for a couple of years now, and they are great.

All my old stuff is being handed down to my 'little Brother' who, much to my amusement and his disdain, is now bigger than me!

You can see all the Aldi fishing special buys HERE.

Ralph :)

Last edited:

wetthrough

Reaction score
I've had the Aldi jacket and bib and brace for a couple of years now and they've been great. Zips still work, waterproof, can't see how anything else could be much better. I also have the Crane base layer someone on here recommended Crane Men's Thermal Base Layer Top - ALDI UK and that's been good.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just got back from the Aldi which is just a five minute stroll away.

Boots and braces.

l96IRIg.jpg

As Ralph has said, I found precious few bibs in the XL size, they don’t stock too many.

seth49

Reaction score
I was lucky just one pair of the bib and brace trousers left in XL, so I treated myself to a pair.

mikench

Reaction score
Good to see you back posting Ralph! Was it a difficult diet?

We don't have an Aldi that's close!

fishplate42

Reaction score
Good to see you back posting Ralph! Was it a difficult diet?

We don't have an Aldi that's close!

As John said, Aldi's online supply is the answer.

As for my weight loss, it was not a diet, it was a whole life-style change. I now eat what I want, but in a balanced way, and with portion control as the main concern. After a while, less food becomes the norm and I have a whole new wardrobe. I also have my blood pressure down to normal, along with my glucose levels. I also feel a lot better! I have not been posting much lately partly due to the weather, but also as we are about to move. Having lived in the same house for forty years (well, thirty-nine years, seven months and five days) it is amazing how much 'stuff' we had forgotten we had. Hopefully I will be fishing in Kent with John (and any other Kent-based members) in a few weeks time. Fingers crossed!

Ralph :thumbs:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We will look like a pair of Aldi models Ralph! :cool:

shane99

Reaction score
Having been told to lose weight by the doctor, I have had to buy a whole new lot of clothes. What did not occur to me was that none of my fishing gear would fit me now, either :(

I have just been down to Aldi to take advantage of their fishing gear 'Special Buy' promotion, that starts today. I bought a Jacket, B&B trousers and two 'structured' fleeces and spend just over £70! The Aldi stuff is great value for money and it has kept me dry in the past. The only reason for buying new was the old stuff is miles too big for me now having lost 6 inches off my waistline! The old stuff was tight when I first bought it.

They have all sorts of other stuff on special, but it tends to sell out quickly so if you are interested, get in quick. Their neoprene/rubber wellies at 19.99 a pair are excellent - I have had a pair for a couple of years now, and they are great.

All my old stuff is being handed down to my 'little Brother' who, much to my amusement and his disdain, is now bigger than me!

You can see all the Aldi fishing special buys HERE.

Ralph :)

now you have room for more layers :)

flightliner

Reaction score
Just back from Aldi. All good stuff but have most of it in other brands .
That said I couldn't resist the heavy duty jogging bottoms with a fleecy lining, green in colour and very warm-- I rang a friend about them and he went out and bought two pair he was so impressed !
A great bargain at £9-99 !