Dubbin

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Why on earth would we want to do that ? You can keep your strange Northern habits and language thank you very much.
Nowt wrong with our habits and language, or food,
Lancashire hotpot, Yorkshire pudding, Chorley cakes ,Eccles cakes, Numerous cheeses named after northern places, Decent beer with a good head on it, not poncy shandy water,even our pets are named after places, Airedale terrier, Yorkshire terrier,

peterjg

Reaction score
I went into the highlands once, got as far as Milton Keynes and decided to turn around .....

john step

Reaction score
I went into the highlands once, got as far as Milton Keynes and decided to turn around .....

I had a good laugh at that one.;)

Personally I am confused of Lincolnshire. I dont know what I am any more! My forebears came from Sunderland, I was born within the sound of Bow Bells, I lived mostly in the Home Counties until emigrating to Lincolnshire.
I am almost accepted as local.......It will probably only take another decade or three.

I have been trying hard to learn the local language. I know FEW is now FOO and MYSELF is now ME SEN.

People say we are not up North but East Midlands yet we are on a line with Liverpool which is classed as a Northern City.

I must write to DEAR MARJ for some counselling. :wh

Last edited:

flightliner

Reaction score
I had a good laugh at that one.;)

Personally I am confused of Lincolnshire. I dont know what I am any more! My forebears came from Sunderland, I was born within the sound of Bow Bells, I lived mostly in the Home Counties until emigrating to Lincolnshire.
I am almost accepted as local.......It will probably only take another decade or three.

I have been trying hard to learn the local language. I know FEW is now FOO and MYSELF is now ME SEN.

People say we are not up North but East Midlands yet we are on a line with Liverpool which is classed as a Northern City.

I must write to DEAR MARJ for some counselling. :wh
John , I'm very familiar with "foo" knowing many lincolnshire anglers over the years, it's very pertinent as there are times when they are most reticent to utter as much as a syllable !